Day 32 - New York City


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York » New York
August 18th 2009
Published: September 14th 2009
Edit Blog Post

We had a mini sleep in, then got ready and headed down to Times Square to meet up with Loz before we started our TV & Movie Sites Tour.
Quite an interesting tour, as well as seeing the sites, we got a good overview of the entire city, as the sites were all over the place.
Sites we did see included the Ghostbusters fire station, houses from I Am Legend and the Cosby Show, Ben’s Pizza from Men In Black II (we also had lunch here, yummy!), the Friends apartments, Law & Order Courts, Bowery Ballroom from Coyote Ugly and the tour finished outside the Gossip Girl Hotel.
From there Mich, Lauren and I headed down the road a little to Grand Central Station. It’s such a beautiful station - and in so many movies and TV shows too!
We had a short look in Tiffany’s on 5th Avenue… And decided we would have a look on the website later that night before making any purchases!
We saw Trump Tower, and then headed across the road to Abercrombie and Fitch. I stayed in there no longer than 2 minutes because the smell was unbearable… It was a nice smell… Just way overpowering and made me sneeze lol So I waited outside for the girls… and was soon joined by Loz…. And then we waited for Mich… for a very long time =P I ran into a girl from school while we were out there which was really really strange and random!
From there we headed to Central Park. It’s MASSIVE! And so beautiful… A massive park in the middle of a massive concrete jungle, quite incredible! Mich showed us 2 big statues she’d looked up. One was a Hans Christian Anderson statue (he was a children’s author), and the other was an Alice In Wonderland statue. It was huge, really cool =)
We then wandered over to Strawberry Fields, a memorial for John Lennon...
By this time it was probably around 5ish? So we headed back to our hostel to get ready and met Loz at her hotel. We all caught up with UK Mich and Jess, and then headed across the road for dinner at a little Italian diner.
We had planned on going out, but as we walked outside the diner we saw there was a massive thunderstorm… Probably one of the worse I’ve ever seen… There was thunder and lightning every 20 seconds and it was absolutely pouring!! We bolted across the road back to the hotel, using pizza boxes the nice guys at the diner had given us for our hair.
We stayed up in UK Mich’s hotel room for a while, before we decided to give up and headed back to our hostel.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.17s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0538s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb