One Last Day in New York


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York » New York » Manhattan
October 31st 2013
Published: October 31st 2013
Edit Blog Post

Central ParkCentral ParkCentral Park

Enjoying the Park
One last day in New York City.

I drove into the city this time; it was a very easy drive. Parking is a premium but I parked under the Metropolitan Museum of Art where we were to going visit. 1st we picked up a hot dog for Bel and warm nuts for me and we walked around Central Park. It was a nice break, just a chance to take a breather from life.

After Central Park we walked back to the MMA. Bel was interested in early Greek and Roman history and was treated to a huge amount of artifacts. After lunch in the café we were on our way to see one more exhibit when we noticed rooms set up from King Louis time. We walked from room to room amazed; it was like being in a Palace in Europe.

From the MMA we drove to Battery Park for a glimpse of the Statue of Liberty. Because of the government shutdown we could not tour the Statue of Liberty which Bel wanted to do so badly. We could only look across the bay at Elis Island and the Statute.

We had to leave the city and go to visit some old friends in Forest Hills, people Dale and I have known for years. After dinner and lots of talking Bel and I went back to Islip to pack for the trip home.



Not only did I make some money but got to spend some valued time with my granddaughter, memories which we will both take with us for life.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.536s; Tpl: 0.023s; cc: 11; qc: 46; dbt: 0.1324s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb