New and Improved Europe Plans


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Bakersfield
February 5th 2014
Published: February 5th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Just when I started planning our Europe trip, again, I was called away but fortunately for claims nearby. Finally I’m done and back to our lives as they were months ago, at least for today.

We’ve been planning a trip to Europe for this summer, specifically to Poland and South Russia to visit the lands of Dale’s great-grandparents. We were planning to meet up with some friends in both Poland and South Russia during this trip. Alas, as life goes, our friends’ plans changed and they will not be in Europe during our dates.

I went back to our plans and we found that we’d lost interest in Poland, it doesn’t seem to be an easy country to visit and transportation isn’t easy. As for Russia, we are not thrilled with the government, visas are expensive and we must have guides. I have not had any time to research the family connections further. It has all gotten to be more effort than either of us wants to put out for a vacation so we have dumped that plan.

Back in October our granddaughter asked if I might consider going to Italy with her on a school trip thru EF. I’ve wanted to go to Italy and thought that this might be a great opportunity for the 2 of us so we signed up. I called EF and asked if we could change the dates of our travel and they said yes so our summer plans will start with Italy.

Dale and I talked and we agreed that he would join us after Italy and that we should stay in Europe until the end of July. We’d wanted to live in Europe for 4 months so this would be a good start. 2 other grandkids want to join us as well.

I had the brilliant idea that we could go to Finland and Iceland from Italy; our oldest grandson really wants to go to Finland and it was a trip we had to put off from a couple of years ago. All great plans until this week when I looked at a map. Iceland is only over 1,000 miles from Finland and a $500+ airplane ticket each. So much for Iceland!



It is time to revamp our trip.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.527s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 12; qc: 45; dbt: 0.1963s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb