New York bound!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York » New York » Manhattan
August 12th 2012
Published: November 23rd 2012
Edit Blog Post

Empire Hotel Empire Hotel Empire Hotel

A great landmark to head to day or night!
It's a long trip from Brisbane to NYC! From door to door it was about 24 hours, a good prelude to any Europe trips ahead I guess. This trip was a year in the making and consisted of BJ and I as well as my sister and brother in law - we couldn't wait!

We flew Virgin and thought it was comfortable with good entertainment. The snacks kept us going between meals too - recommend this airline for long haul. We signed up to their Velocity points also which landed us a free return domestic flight when we got home (as we built up enough points with all the domestic flights too).

After a frantic rush to our NYC bound flight, we made it with moments to spare and braced ourselves for the last few hours of travel. It was tough trying to stay awake as we were landing about 6pm, so we wanted to be tired to sleep all night.

When we arrived we waited for our Dial 7 car to come which we prebooked. All went smoothly, we had to wait about 20 minutes but it was nice to know we had a locked in fare and a comfy car.

We checked in at Empire Hotel and had our first American meal at the sports bar nearby. Walked over to the Lincoln Centre and found a supermarket which we found fascinating - new brands, prices much cheaper than Australia and alcohol!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.105s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0331s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb