New York : The Middle and the End.


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York » New York » Manhattan
October 4th 2011
Published: October 6th 2011
Edit Blog Post

We spent a lot of time walking while in NYC, to really see the city I think you have to. We enjoyed a great half a day in Central Park going to see the stairs from Home Alone 2 ( we got of the tube at 96th had to walk to 72nd ). Then we spent about 45 minutes in a visiters centre as it decided to rain which was really quite funny. Sat on the steps at the MET like they do in Maid of Honour, walked through Washington Square Park to see the Arc from I Am Legend and even managed to see the outside of where Carrie lives from SATC!
We went to see Times Square both through the day and at night, both times so so busy and full of tourists. Really bright and colourful and of course totally cool :-). Did you know they have a 2 floor shop just for M & M's in Times Square, we didn't realise they were so popular. We visited Macy's ( sorry Lauren, they don't do keyrings ) but didn't buy anything. Also the city Library and Grand Central station. Oh we visited a flea market too. We did want to go to Ground Zero but unfortunatly tickets need to be booked in advance and there weren't any available until December, we did take a pic of the new building that is being built there though.
We also had a very long day visiting the High Line, kind of really unusual but really cool. The High Line is a piece of the old subway line that's above ground and was used mainly for cargo to be delived to 2nd/3rd floor of buildings. It's been restored how and you can enjoy a walk along it from 30th down past 10th. You get to see the old tracks and different types of plants and stuff as you walk down, it was something really different and we enjoyed it.
Finally, New York bus station....STUPID!!!.... what happened to getting to the gate, wait in line, give the nice lady your ticket, get on the bus, simple. Well you would think it was simple but nope, they make things much more difficult for themselves, just silly.
Sending Love
Matt & Kerry
P.S. Squirrels everywhere in America !


Additional photos below
Photos: 31, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.045s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0251s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb