Day 97


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York » New York » Manhattan
August 1st 2010
Published: August 1st 2010
Edit Blog Post

So seeing as a National newspaper did write that we were going to buy a new wardrobe in new York we decided we better go and get some new clothes , Philip doesn’t want the tabloids to bran him a fake clothes horse love rat or other such shocking headlines! Although now big brother is under way the Daily Star has much more pressing world matters to report on.

So we set off for Century 21 New York’s best kept secret it brands itself as although everyone seems to know it. It is directly opposite ground zero so we first go to amazing little chapel St Paul’s which despite being at the base of the twin towers stood relatively un scathed during the horrific events of 9/11/2001 and also to the visitors centre and museum . It would take a heart of stone not to get moved by the stories you listen to and read in there. to stand at ground zero and look up at the towering sky scrappers all around and try and comprehend that the twin towers were over twice as tall as the surrounding buildings is staggering thing. What we cant comprehend are the people smiling and posing for pictures at the site happily waving away in their I ♥NY tee shirts. What do they do when they get home taking people thru their photos .."Heres me at the Manhattan Bridge and in Time square and here’s me in my fake statue of liberty crown goofing around at the grave site of 2993 people."

bizarre.



So after shopping and spending the afternoon in Battery park watching the ferries bobbing about while liberty and Ellis island glisten in the background we return to queens.

So what does a Hot,single,sexy, young man do with a new wardrobe on his last night of a world tour in a city famed for it night life and singles culture. Well as I don’t know any Hot,single,sexy, young men I m not sure but Philip falls asleep in front of the TV watching the mets (who win in the bottom of the ninth... go mets....get us with our Americanisms) and then finish by drinking and talking all things Everton and general rubbish with Sharron and John and raising a glass for what would of been Philip's Dad 78 birthday till three in the morning on their balco in queens. The thing is we wouldn’t want it any other and it was a truly great way to finish our last night with great company who make you want to return again and again.

We have one last day in NY before a night flight back to London then onto Manchester where I will return back to a certain little boy and while we had 90 odd of the best days of our life I honestly don’t think Philip has ever been more excited.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.152s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 16; qc: 58; dbt: 0.0968s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb