25th July 2010 – Turtles prefer Cheetoos!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York » New York » Manhattan
July 25th 2010
Published: July 31st 2010
Edit Blog Post

After a lot of walking yesterday we decided to spend today having a bit of a picnic in Central Park. Got up and went down for breakfast - which was not as busy as on Saturday. After breakfast we walked over to the supermarket we had gone past on our way home the night before and bought enough stuff for a picnic. Walked up to the Metro and the guy let us on as he thought we'd not used our tube tickets which was rather nice of him!

Got out at Columbus and walked into the park. Hot is not quite the word for it @ 93 or 94 F - with high humidity. We went to the water park and Matthew/Eleanor were in! I dipped my head under the water just to cool down.

We then walked through the park towards the lake - hotter than hot - and round towards the Dakota building - found a great place to stop and a whole bunch of turtles came up. We fed them with Cheetoos which they seemed to enjoy. The weather then broke and a thunderstorm moved in - temperature dropped by 20 F in minutes - great!

We caught the tube back and went back to the Embassy Suites - where everyone showered before we went down for another Managers reception - always good value! Dinner tonight was at Molly's Shebeen which was excellent - Nick Walsh, Mary's brother, was there and bought all our drinks - very naughty of him. We then got a lift back in a Taxi (all 5 of us) from a Ivorian taxi driver - even though he should only have 4 people in the Taxi. Booked the car to Newark for the morning. Got a very good price @ 85 dollars with a taxi driver called MOSSA who would get us at 6.45 am.



Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.047s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 21; dbt: 0.028s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb