Food, Inc. - You'll Never Look at Dinner the Same Way (Dave)


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York » New York » Manhattan
June 22nd 2009
Published: June 22nd 2009
Edit Blog Post

http://www.foodincmovie.com/

Hey Guys,

Normally you would be reading about the latest celebrity we have spotted or about a random adventure we go on but we wanted to take just a minute to talk to you about an amazing movie we saw today.

The movie is called 'Food Inc.' and it deals with problems associated with the American Food Industry.
It delves into such issues as diseases associated with diet (eg E.Coli outbreaks, Diabetes and Cancers), small farmers with good intentions being shut out by the big guys, Genetically Modified Foods and animal health issues such as the miserable lives they lead just to end up in a Big Mac.

I usually can't stand being preached to about issues like this but seeing this movie really motivated us to take a stand.

Penny and I had already started to ride the 'Organic' wave over here well before we even heard about this movie because Organic Food is not that much dearer here and it is tastier and better for us.
We are eating Grass-Fed, Organic Beef that rivals Argentinean Beef, Tomatoes that actually taste like tomatoes and I have even gone to the extent of drinking Organic Beer (its a tasty drop believe me!)

We are not sure when the movie is being released in Australia but the book is already out (I have listed others in the same realm as well if you really want to get into it.)

Food Inc. by Karl Weber
Fast Food Nation by Eric Schlosser
In Defense of Food: An Eaters Manifesto by Michael Pollan

Please see this movie when it comes out! It will change your diet and life!

Advertisement



22nd June 2009

coo! yeah i have started reading 'in defense of food' but got really really bored. the book that changed the way i eat is fast food nation but that was years ago, so im interested in 'food inc', definitnely. good work pez!, kaz
22nd June 2009

doing my part
Thanks Dave, Much like you, I too have taken a stand... http://ecobites.com/hot-topics/eco-book-reviews/1153-book-review-50-ways-to-fk-the-planet Hope this helps you as much as it has helped me, tyre burning has never been so much fun!
24th June 2009

organic?
mate, go and grab a copy of peter singer's 'the ethics of what we eat' (book). Its a bloody good read for all things involving food and ethics.

Tot: 0.058s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0403s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb