Another class day in NYC


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York » New York » Manhattan
April 24th 2008
Published: April 24th 2008
Edit Blog Post

The Statue of LibertyThe Statue of LibertyThe Statue of Liberty

In all her glory
Tim: It has been a glorious day today, the sun was shinning from really early on and we both headed out in a t-shirt and shorts with hats and glasses. Lots of suncream applied today to keep the ginger skin from burning to a sinder. Tom took a photo yesterday to show me the sunburn after one day and I had a big red line around the neckline, arms had caught some too but not too bad. Lots of cream applied today and the mild soreness has died away, just topped up the tan today.

Part of the budget plans involved porridge this morning (what with these feet) and was a winner as kept us going until lunch. In the time between we took the ferry past the statue of liberty to see her in all her glory up close, a lot smaller than we had both imagined her to be but still iconic all the same. The ferry back was low key in order to get out the sun.

Back in Manhattan we started to walk up towards 8th Av in order to get the Man U game at 7:45 your time and 2:45 our time. Now, I need to point out just how big Manhattan is! It took us a good 1 hour and 15 to walk 30 blocks up the road. The Island is made up of about 70 blocks N to S. Quite nice being in a pub at that time. We met a nice enough chap caught Marty who was in the sports bar we ambled across. We bought a few pints, Marty got us a pint and so did the 'house', which we never did work out but was not going to argue. Man U 0 - Barca 0.

Back at the hostel and to plan out onward trips. We have Toronto booked already, not without the Visa card company blocking my card and causing me all sorts of problems but with after a few 'short' and painful phone calls that is all sorted now. Hoping to get a baseball and football game here in NYC now as we have extended our stay by 2 days due to flight unavailability. Might meet Marty again for those games.

Off now folks so keep you updated over these next few days. Hope to cycle around Central Perk tomorrow 😊


Tom: Yeah thats about it really, having fun watching Ginger getting redder by the day 😊 Update: we have now booked Montreal too and we will be there until the 10th May.





Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



28th April 2008

arf
dont u pair make a lovrly couple :P loving the shades u ginger **** love from the scottish one \o/

Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0398s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb