Dont drink coffee i take tea my dear...............


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York » New York » Manhattan
June 28th 2007
Published: June 28th 2007
Edit Blog Post

.................like my toast done on one side!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! im an ingrish man in New York. The last one ever, you losers will never have to hear from me again, woo hoo! Only joking i am quite gutted actually that its all over now. Unfortunatley theres not much to tell you guys about New York as i really only spent one day there. I arrived in Newark at about 1 am only to find that the super shuttle service that i had pre-booked and paid for could not pick me up until 4.30-5 am, bollocks to that! so i ended up getting a cab for $60 with this wiseguy fella into Manhattan. He was pretty cool he took me through Frank Sinatra town, where they filmed the sopranos and gave me a brief guided tour whilst driving into Manhattan. I got the impression he may have been a connected guy as he knew where all the gangsters used to hang around and every other sentance he would say "forget about it!". I checked into my hotel in Time Square around 2am, pretty tired after leaving Acapulco at 8am. As i only had only had one day to spend in New York i decided the best way to see the sights would be to walk, instead of sitting in a cab in traffic for ages or using the subway and not seeing very much apart from tramps and rats. I ended up walking from Time Square - Grand Central Station - Brooklyn Bridge - World Trade Centre sight and then back to Time Square, i was completley bolloxed by the time i finished and for some reason i must have looked like a "New Yorker" as i got asked for directions about 5 times. New York has a really good vibe about it, i liked what little i saw of it and will definitley go back for a more thorough visit, only next time i would like to have some half decent clothes with me so i dont feel like a tramp, also some drinking buddies would help aswell, hint hint nudge nudge!

So thats it then, i have come full circle and completed the round world trip, i only wish i could go back to the start and do it all over again. I have met some really sound people and hope to stay in touch with all of you (as you never know when you may need a cheap holiday) and hopefully meet up with rest of me old mates for a beer at some point in the very near future. It really has been an amazing experience and as im back at home now i have had a chance to look at the photo's and reflect on the things i have seen and done, i hope its not the last trip but the beginning of many more to come.

Hope to see you all in the near future!

P.S. Sorry about the lack of photos on this one but i felt really ill all day and just was'nt in the mood for taking pictures, great way to finish huh!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



8th July 2007

My God!!
Can't believe you have finished.....look forward to hearing from you soon. Michelle and Dwayne (and bump!)

Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0384s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1022kb