The Mission to New York


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York » New York » Manhattan
April 7th 2007
Published: April 7th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Well we all managed to make it to New York after a lot of flying and a few dramas. Nic, Lou, Ron and Jax flew from vegas to LA to meet up with the rest of the crew minus jenny who was flying out of vegas directly the next morning. Unfortunately our flight was delayed an hour so we ended up arriving in LA at 11pm. Lou was on a different flight to the rest of the crew and her flight left at 11.40pm so she made a mad dash from terminal 1 at LAX to terminal 4 (the furthest one away of course) to try to make her plane but ended up missing it. The rest of us had checked in through security and had boarded our plane and Lou found herself alone at LAX in the middle of the night with no flight to NYC.

Dan managed to cart with him in carry on luggage a massive remote controlled helicopter he bought off a street merchant in vegas that we have named cougar.

After rushing round a few different airlines she managed to get herself on a flight the next morning, and proceeded to get a bit of shut eye in the terminal. She woke after a while sleeping and found a bunch of LA hobos also in the same section of terminal having a snooze so she promptly moved near a group of travelling boys who looked much safer.

The rest of us flew from LA to Minneapolis for 3.5 hours and had a 45 minute stopover before another 2 hour flight. Some managed to catch a few zzzs but poor ana had the worst cold and the pressure did awful things to her sinuses. Minneapolis was absolutely freezing (12 farenheight) and NYC was not much better (16 farenheight).

We caught cabs from the airport to our hostel in chelsea on the west side of manhattan, and had a couple of hours sleep. We all had a wander through chelsea and the local shops and dan played with cougar. Nic and Jen caught the train to Macys and checked out the broadway shops at night, and Jax, Kate, Lou and Ana caught up with Rafique and had a big night at Jake's Saloon (the irish bar) and ended up drinking irish car bombs (google it if you care). Dan, Ron and Dave quickly sought out the local happy hour and got boozed on the $4 coctails. Daniel was the worse for wear so responsible ron and dave decided he needed some pizza. He dropped lip in Dominos after dave refused to pay for his pizza and ended up running off to bed at 8.30pm.

So that's that day, rather boring but will write up vegas and the rest of NYC on our night at JFK airport tomorrow!

Advertisement



9th April 2007

Are my little girls taking care of themselves?
Soooo good to hear the latest news.Sorry to hear of your cold Ana,how about an early night!!! Keep up the news and it would be fantastic if you would phone home. Big hello to all the crew. Luv Kas

Tot: 0.176s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0844s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb