What to do on a rainy day in NYC?


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York » New York » Manhattan
December 25th 2017
Published: December 26th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Woke up in the morning with the sound of rain piter patter on the roof.... wait.. no.. same as every other day cause we are in the middle of an apartment building with our window facing an other building about a meter away. So it is raining and it is quite foggy and grey, what better day to go and see the Statue of Liberty from the seat of a Staten Island ferry.

Easy cab ride to the ferry terminal with our Indian friend, no change there. The ferry ride consist of half an hour to the island that really has nothing to do there and then off, walk around a circle and get back on for the half an hour return trip. Cool, an hour done and the lady of freedom waved goodbye.

From there we walked up to the Bull of Wall Street in the rain which had not gotten any easier and had managed to drench Ollies sneakers completely, without him 'running in the puddles". Also took in the stock exchange and believe it or not managed some more photos with giant Christmas trees. We took refuge in the Westfields near the 911 memorial where we found Eataly and purchased some nice cheese. Forgot to mention I went to the fire house near 911 and had a look around, obviously documenting all I learnt to put it into my fire thesis. Had a cruise around the memorial and then dropped into Marshalls Store to purchase the most fluro shoes possible for our low key and quiet child.

Our old man tour guy that was walking us to our lunch destination called the Dark Horse had no idea he was not actually gonna get one red hot dollar from this tourist, soon left us in disappointment. I managed to have myself another burger and surprise surprise some beer to wash it down. My main objective from there was to get the subway as we had not experienced it as yet. We found the subway line we wanted, but as we where so close to the Hudson River and the Brooklyn Bridge we decided to tick another box. Well as it turned out we ticked about a third of that box cause walking that far with a belly full of beef and beer was not that appealing.

Subway back close to our joint we went for a walk and spied the flatiron building and got some Lego at another Lego Store. Bec broke away to get some trinkets and we battled another all too powerful Goudron and headed home. Quick stop into our apartment then off to a nice Italian spot called Vezzo just down the road. Another day another pizza, another burger, another beer and a whole lot of walking.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.031s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.013s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb