A Merry New York Christmas


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York » New York » Manhattan
December 27th 2017
Published: December 29th 2017
Edit Blog Post

No white Christmas as we were hoping for, but it certainly had the cold. Coldest day of the trip so far and we found out that it had actually snowed earlier that morning, just not enough to hang around. Never mind we had ourselves a lovely Christmas lunch planned gifted to us from the English Walkers.

The restaurant that was booked was called Bryant Park Grill and it was located in Bryant Park, go figure. so after we did a bit of pressie opening, well watching Ollie open presents, we decided to brave the cold and head to the park a couple of hours earlier to check out the markets, the ice rink and of course another giant Christmas tree.

It was indeed cold but Ollie and I warmed up on pretzels and churros while we perused the markets and instead of getting another pic in front of the giant tree we opted for the ice rink. Change is as good as a holiday.

Lunch was delicious and with a couple of beers and a bottle of wine Christmas day was in full swing! There was once again more than enough food for a small island nation so our bellies were very full on completion so a nice walk along the High Line on the east side was in order.

The high line is an old train line turned in to a gardeny walk way which goes for a couple of miles. Good times and a bit of ultra hard core parkour was going on above the streets of Hells Kitchen that day and it was not from Daredevil!

After all those sick aerial skills it was time for home, for most. Bec had a hankering to go check out Carries house so she parted ways. For the rest of us it was a brisk walk back with a couple of Pokémon raids on the trip. I only ventured out again that evening to find a shop open for some more drinks to accompany our cheese and biscuit dinner.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 40; dbt: 0.0223s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb