Lake George RV Park (delayed entry)


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York » Lake George
August 9th 2010
Published: October 29th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Grandchildren and grandparents LOVE Lake George RV Park! It's near the Rt 149 turn off from Northway (I87) Exit 20 on Route 9 near the outlets. With Beth and her family in Rutland, and Wes and I having Vivian visiting for her vacation while her parents were in Ireland, it was perfect.


A free movie one night, a naturalist educator with live birds of prey, a snapping turtil, and a snake one morning, a snack bar with ice cream, a wonderful pool, game room, and a great playground were among the amenities we availed ourselves to! These cousins don't see each other a great deal; so it was a nice bonding time. I had lots of crafts and books stowed in the RV, and all of the attracions of Lake George, Great Escape, Outlet Shopping, tons of restaurants, Mini Golf, Waterslide World and other fun stuff were within minutes; but we didn't need any diversions. We stayed put and had a great time.


RV Parks are safe places for children to roam about; as we did when we were little. Most parks are gated, they have a 10 mph or under speed limit, everyone there is registered, so no one is here who doesn't belong. We had a grand time; even tho' it rained.

On the last night, we skipped the campfire supper and hied ourselves and Vivian to a nice Italian restaurant - Momma Rizzo's, across from the Water Slide World. Ice Cream at Martha's (across from Great Escape) was the cherry on top!


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

Floatation Devices AllowedFloatation Devices Allowed
Floatation Devices Allowed

The pool graduates from 3 feet to 4 feet --- perfect for most; and there is a nice little wading pool adjacent to the big one.
Adirondack Wild Life Educational ShowAdirondack Wild Life Educational Show
Adirondack Wild Life Educational Show

Up close and as personal as you would ever want to be with a native snapping turtle.


29th October 2010

Seat Belts
I'm glad to see that even the stuffed animals have seat belts! What a great picture,
29th October 2010

Safety First
Thanks for noticing - Vivian obeys all the rules, reads food labels, uses sun screen and reminds us if we're delinquent in any health/safety issues! It's like having a 7 year old parent! A FUN parent!

Tot: 0.493s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 26; qc: 113; dbt: 0.1806s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb