Santa Fe and Taos


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New Mexico » Taos
October 14th 2018
Published: November 9th 2018
Edit Blog Post

From family we started on our way down I-40 west towards home, that is, we headed westward, with a side trip north to Taos.

We needed to go to Santa Fe and Taos for supplies: more fresh roasted green chili, fresh ristrias, fresh ground chili powder, and fresh food from our favorite restaurants.

We stopped at our favorite Santa Fe restaurant, Maria’s, for tamales, enchiladas and soul food. We had fun introducing Zaya to Sopapillas with honey, something she didn’t know about. Zaya, after trying one, then set her mind to finding the best sopapilla in New Mexico. However, she also decided that she wanted to live inside Maria’s, but unfortunately for her, we did not allow her to stay behind.

From Santa Fe. we drove onto Taos where we had an RV site for that evening. We’d planned to stay in Santa Fe but because of the balloon festival, there were no sites available. It was fine as we were happy to go directly to Taos.

We are in love with Taos, the chili sauce, Caribe style, out of this world!!! Dark red chili sauce with the smell of pure chili, made from red chili pods. And green chili sauce made from chopped roasted hatch green chili, sometimes with added sautéed onions and garlic.

We planned our days around the food, late breakfast at Taos Diner, Christmas style and dinner either La Cueva or Orlandos. Zaya commented that none of our favorite restaurants had a fancy entryway.

We spent part of 1 day back in Santa Fe, drinking hot chocolate chili elixir at Kakawas and eating chili spiced brownies, visiting the earliest house and of course, another dinner at Marias.



We heard that snow was forecast and decided to head out earlier than planned. We had more miles to go, some over passes and didn’t want to get caught in bad weather. Until next time our chilies will have to last.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0494s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb