A New Mexican Meal


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New Mexico » Santa Fe
April 2nd 2013
Published: April 2nd 2013
Edit Blog Post

New Mexico LunchNew Mexico LunchNew Mexico Lunch

Green Chili Stew, Quesadillas, Blue Corn Muffins. A wonderful way to end our visit to New Mexico
Alas, the last cooking lesson, the last day in New Mexico.

Our last cooking lesson was taught by Lois Ellen Frank again. This time she did not spend so much time with the lecture but rather gave tips as she worked. We actually learned new techniques to go with the new recipes; use a large bowl to top a saucepan for a double boiler, don’t stir when simmering, making a chicken broth, simple things like that.

Lunch was so good: Green Chili Stew, Blue Corn Muffins with a Butter Pinion Sauce, Quesadillas stuffed with chicken, and Natillas a kind of pudding. Now the Muffins and Quesadillas are made with wheat flour but due to the fact I’m gluten intolerant I couldn’t eat them. Dr. Frank and the kitchen manager put their heads together and made Blue Corn Muffins with only blue corn, making up the recipe. Noe, the kitchen manager, decided to make fresh corn tortillas that I could eat. We not only got a lesson on how to make corn tortillas but also had fresh made corn tortilla quesadillas. Oh my gosh, these were the best and only took minutes to make. Like Noe said, it takes longer to get the keys, go to the store and buy the tortillas than it does to make them. So now we are going to try this as well.

Unfortunately our flight was due to depart about 3 hours after the class was over so we had no time to do anything but eat and run. And so, another New Mexico trip was over.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0404s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1016.4kb