A glorious sunset - Santa Fe, NM - Janaury 2009


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New Mexico » Santa Fe
June 29th 2009
Published: October 11th 2010
Edit Blog Post

So we headed to our state capital for a day of fun (it is always a beautiful drive leaving Albuquerque and the SANDIA MOUNTAINS behind). We just don't have that many days where we both are off. So off we went. Our first stop was the PALACE OF THE GOVERNORS. Apparently the oldest public building in the US, but don't hold me to that. All over the States it seems that whatever you see it is always the "biggest" or the "oldest". It's been turned into a museum now so not anything really special, but they did have a room with pictures taken from different periods/ decades from New Mexico and it was great seeing these pictures and being able to see how certain areas have developed over the years (for Christmas we bought a really really nice Canon lense - we love photography).

It was cold so not very ideal for walking around. None the less we made it to the GEORGIA O'KEEFFE MUSEUM which is part of the GEORGIA O'KEEFFE TRAIL. It was interesting, but I still have to learn to appreciate art. I guess we both are trying to get a little more "cultural". So all we
Santa FeSanta FeSanta Fe

My new best friends
did the rest of the way was walking between galleries and shops. Santa Fe is a really unique city architecture wise. if you're not familiar with New Mexico then it will be a whole new world to you. The houses/ buildings are flat roofed with stucco. It sometimes makes for some really nice pictures. Santa Fe is an excellent place for shopping (especially art). It really is a fun little downtown area. On the outskirts of Santa Fe there is this little hill that looks out over the city towards the south. In all my times that I have gone to Santa Fe I have never seen this. It was an magical sunset over the city. To top it all off we went to the SANTA FE BREWING COMPANY for a beer and some food. Good place to go to for some live entertainment.

For our books we did one thing - the GEORGIA O'KEEFFE TRAIL. So 34 down and 3,010 to go.

Til next time

From Georgia's country


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Santa FeSanta Fe
Santa Fe

Random door
Santa FeSanta Fe
Santa Fe

A glowing city!!!


Tot: 0.032s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0156s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb