Las Cruces


Advertisement
Published: April 5th 2009
Edit Blog Post

MountainsMountainsMountains

Highway I10 from Texas to Las Cruces, NM. We began to see the mountains on both side of the highway. Breath taking.
This town and surrounding area is a real gem. First of all, you are surrounded by mountains which you see in any direction you look. The RV park was one of the nicest I have ever seen (Sunny Acres). From the RV park you can go anyway you want and see lots of things. We traveled north to a National Park, Dripping Springs. Unfortunately it turned out to be a hiking trip and seeing as how I cannot hike, it was somewhat of a disappointment. We decided that seeing as how we couldn't do much here, we headed down some small dirt roads to US 70 and headed north. We visited Holloman AFB. This is a real gem of a military installation. Not big, but beautiful in architecture. We turned around (after having lunch on base) and went back to the White Sands National Park. OH MY GOSH, what a beautiful area. White dunes everywhere.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

Unusal MountainUnusal Mountain
Unusal Mountain

Looks like a Pyramid.
View from the RV ParkView from the RV Park
View from the RV Park

This what we saw each time we left the park. Notice the trees in the background.
Basilica in Las MellisBasilica in Las Mellis
Basilica in Las Mellis

Don't know if I spelled it correctly, but this Basilica is in the town square. The town was the original town before Las Cruces. It was really historic and interesting.
Double J RestaurantDouble J Restaurant
Double J Restaurant

A real treat is the Double J Restaurant in Las Mellis.
Dripping SpringsDripping Springs
Dripping Springs

North of Las Cruces is the Dripping Springs National Park. It is a hiking park. Beautiful.
White SandsWhite Sands
White Sands

My truck in the White Sands NP. Shows relative size of one parking area.
DunesDunes
Dunes

A picture of the dunes.
Ray and the dogsRay and the dogs
Ray and the dogs

Ray with my three dogs on the side of a dune.
Welcome CenterWelcome Center
Welcome Center

Note the architecture. Neat.


Tot: 0.122s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0472s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb