Not just airports


Advertisement
Published: June 10th 2006
Edit Blog Post

I find it interesting that airports have become part of corporate america. I'm sitting hear waiting for my flight to San Juan and there is an hour delay. This is the first time I have flown out of Newark Airport in a very long time. Just observing and seeing how technology and society have impacted our culture at the airports is amazing. Looking around its like rush hour in New York, Philadelphia and any other major metropolitan area. Corporate America has changed the airports of yesterday. Have made them into strip malls, with retail stores, fastfood chains, spas, private membership clubs, and much more. It all about rush hour and the impatient of society, the technology at theses places ensure that everything is out timely and precisley just like in strip malls and any other corporate world may exist. If it wasn't for the $300.00 difference between Newark and Atlantic City, I would have flown out of my little rinky dink airport just for the peace, but one can notice some of the changes that are going on at the tiny airports as well. Thank you Corporate America, vacations can not even start peaceful. Vacation actually starts when you get to your destination because the airplanes have their own strip malls on board, also.




Advertisement



Tot: 0.083s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0552s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb