Atlantic City Boardwalk


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New Jersey » Atlantic City
September 20th 2012
Published: September 20th 2012
Edit Blog Post

We spent a long summer weekend revisiting the Boardwalk at Atlantic City. By far the best part of the weekend was our room at Caesar's, which is located mid-boardwalk. I had reserved a Premium room, and was assigned room 3601 in the Centurian Tower. It turned out to be a corner room. Not only did we have a window facing the ocean (a first in all our 30 years of visiting ocean front beach resorts), but a side window that gave us a view down the boardwalk.

The room was clean and beautifully decorated and furnished. The bathroom was spacious with a large walk-in shower with a marble bench. So, if you're visiting Atlantic City and staying at Caesar's, request room 3601 or at least a room ending in one on floors 36 or higher. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

We spent two days walking in both directions down the boardwalk. If you can't take all that walking, they have rolling chairs that allow you and someone else to be pushed along the boardwalk. The fares are set and began at $5, when we were there, for being pushed 5 blocks. We did not ride, so am not sure how far a block is. There are numerous rollling chairs, and there was always someone being pushed.

While the beach is not fine sand like at say Clearwater Beach and other Florida beaches on the Gulf of Mexico, it is wide, and was full of beachgoers. There is a carnival on the pier for those who enjoy rides and games. And, of course, you won't go hungry. All kinds of food vendors line the boardwalk. Including Salt Water Taffy. At Caesar's at the Pier you will find a shopping mall and a wide range of restuarants, some of which are quite up-scale.

For the gambler, there are of course numerous casinos. I was expecting to find $5 minimum tables. I was disappointed. Like Las Vegas, most minimums, even on a Tuesday morning were $10. The no-smoking ban is pretty much a joke.

We found our return visit to the Atlantic City Boardwalk to be an enjoyable summer weekend-get-away, especially since we got to spend a few nights in room 3601!


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.265s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0563s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb