A Close Shave in Vegas


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Nevada » Las Vegas
September 19th 2012
Published: September 19th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Inside Art of ShavingInside Art of ShavingInside Art of Shaving

Located in The Shoppes at Mandalay Place
April 23, 2012

For my birthday this year we went to Las Vegas. Not that I ever need an excuse to go to Las Vegas. I do understand that it is one of those cities that you either love or hate. I just happen to like it.

In addition to our usual activities: riding the Deuce downtown for an afternoon, bopping in an out of the casinos, eating more than we should, and taking in a show, this trip was going to include a new experience. I had mentioned in passing one day about how there was a hair salon near Mandalay Bay that offered what was called a Royal Shave, and that it sounded intriguing. So, for my birthday present, Karen gave me the money to have one.

On our last day in town we made our way to the Art of Shaving located in The Shoppes at Mandalay Place. Luckily, they had an opening, so Karen left me to be pampered while she went off to the casino.

And what a pampering 45 minutes it was. Only a man who has to shave everyday can appreciate the Royal Shave experience.

I only hope I can remember all the steps in the order they were performed.

After being seated in the barber chair, I was leaned back and a pre-shave oil and hot towel was applied.

Once the towel was removed it was time for the first round of shaving cream. At this point she shaved my beard, with the grain, using an old fashioned straight razor. With that finished came another application of shaving cream, and a second shave, against the grain.

Next, my face was wrapped with another hot towel, this time with lemon oil in it. You would think this would be just about the end. Well, you’d think wrong. She now smeared my face with some sort of cleansing mask. No hot towel this time, though, COLD with lavender oil.

A facial massage, hydrating toner, and after shave lotion completed the Royal Shave experience. Never since I began shaving as a teenager have I had such a close shave. I certainly didn’t need to shave the next morning. It was THREE days later that I shaved again.

This will not be the last time I have a Royal Shave. It cost $55 +tip. So worth it. While “What Happens in Vegas….Stays in Vegas” may be their motto. This is one experience that I don’t mind sharing.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.242s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0503s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb