Day 36


Advertisement
Published: July 28th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Today was crazy! The girls all woke up and were pumped for their parents to come! They were so hyper and we tried to put it to good use by having them spiff up the cabin…..but they were to wound up so we had to have some quiet time before waiting outside for them! All the parents then came and it was so emotional to see the kids running and embracing their parents. Some of the parents set up blankets outside and some visited inside the cabin. It was interesting to see the kids and their parents. We had a picnic lunch and I was able to sit with Amberlynn and Torey and Karye for lunch and enjoy fresh fruit! After lunch we had a camp meeting where we showed the parents our camp songs, and afterwards all the parents and kids went to the woodshop and created something. The families were then free to roam around camp and enjoy themselves, I cannot believe how fast the day went, before I knew it parents were leaving and tears started. It was then dinner time, Saturday night BBQ and square dance, our girls were exhausted, when we got back to the cabin we had a chance to eat all of the candy, sweets and food that the parents brought. Tonight we had 2 girls that are staying the night, they are siblings to another camper at camp but they sleep with the same age of girls that they are. So we have 2 extra girls just for tonight, Maya and Claire. A lot of junior camp left today, some campers were 4 week campers, so they were packing and leaving, 2 of the 9 girls decided that they wanted to be 7 week campers so those girls moved into our bunk tonight. Mira (mirror-a) and Hannah, they were in Jessicas bunk (11) and now we have 8 girls!!!! Talk about craziness!!! :o) Tonights bedtime routine was very challenging with 4 extra girls, and with a busy day, there were TONS of tears..All the girls finally got to bed by 10 and hopefully tomorrow will go smoothly, all the 3 week campers will be moving in so camp will be busy again!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.284s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 8; qc: 51; dbt: 0.1105s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb