Day 35


Advertisement
Published: July 28th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Today was the big play!!!! We had ceramics right before the play so we rushed from that to dinner then to Titas. Before the plays at camp we always sing songs, and have announcements, and being in junior camp our plays are shorter so we have all 3 junior camp plays in one night. We were the third to go, before us was Beauty and the Beast and Hocus Pocus which were both marvelous plays, but not as marvelous as Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. One funny tidbit from the play……so you know the part when Augustus Gloop is eating the chocolate and falls in the river? At that point everyone in Titas SCREAMED!!!! So Amberlynn and I are back stage thinking “What is going on, is Augustus ok?? Who fell of stage or who got hurt?” The kids on stage were not saying their lines and we were all confused as to what was going on…..we then hear Dan Rosen stop the play and say “It is just a bat, don’t scream and scare it” (there were 3 bats actually) so I am thinking ok just a bat, lets get the kids back on track and saying their lines again…..so I looked up (bad Idea) and there is the bat on the curtain looking straight at me…..AHHHHHHHHH FREAKED out!!! And to top it off Amberlynn is TERRIFIED of bats….they are her worst fear so she was hyperventilating backstage!!! Why the bat couldn’t of come out during Hocus Pocus…I don’t know…..I had someone tape the show for me on the camera and you can clearly see the bats flying on stage in front of the kids!!!! After the show we had ice-cream and then off to bed…excited for Parents Visiting day!!!! :o)

Advertisement



Tot: 0.135s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0437s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb