The Wonders of Vegas


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Nevada » Las Vegas
September 25th 2013
Published: September 26th 2013
Edit Blog Post

We had a few stops in Downtown Disney (Build-a-Bear and some last minute shopping at the World of Disney store) before hitting the road bound for Las Vegas on Tuesday morning. We had an estimated 4 hour 20 minute journey to our destination, which in reality ended up being closer to 5 hours with traffic. So it was early evening by the time we hit the outskirts of Vegas, which in a way ended up being kind of nice as the lights on the strip were just starting to glow. We checked into the hotel, we are staying at the Luxor (this place is quite simply amazing, hard to find words to describe the size and detail..... just in the hotel lobby alone!) We flopped in front of the TV and had a late dinner, exhausted after a day on the road.

Our first full day in Vegas began with crepes and Starbucks coffee (the coffee here is pretty woeful, you don't realise how good we have it back in OZ, I miss my Nespresso already!) We then caught the tram (monorail) over to The Excalibur hotel next door and spent an hour odds in the Fun Dungeon arcade (this was on Oliver's to do list and is similar to Timezone back home). We spent the rest of the day wandering down the Strip, in and out of stores as we went (highlights being; Houdini Magic Store at New York New York, It's Sugar lolly store having a giant box of Nerds (like the biggest box you can imagine at a cost of $20!), the M & M's Store (4 floors of candy coated chocolate goodness!), the Coca-Cola Store (everything imaginable with the famous red and white logo emblazoned on it!) and the Goretorium (year round haunted house that is restricted to 18+, we just took photos in the entry way and storefront..... it looked really scary!) For all our wandering we only covered a relatively small part of the strip, so glad we still have a few days ahead of us.

Advertisement



27th September 2013

Hi Rose Family
Love reading your blog, you are having an awesome holiday! It all sounds fantastic. We are all so jealous!! Thank you for my gorgeous birthday present, I love it! Keep safe, love Karen

Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0544s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb