Disney Shared and the Magic Comes to an End


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Los Angeles » Anaheim
September 24th 2013
Published: September 26th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Our last day at Disneyland Park begins and it is quite an emotional experience knowing that it's the last time we take those steps through the gates into the magical kingdom. We ride the Disneyland Railroad to Tomorrowland bound for Autopia (Oliver's park favourite!) and have a go at the Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters for the last time.

We meet up with the Ferguson's as they are queuing in Fantasyland and arrange to meet up for lunch. We head for Mr Toad's Wild Ride and the boys squeeze in another session at the Shootin' Exposition in Frontierland before sitting down for lunch at River Belle Terrace. We all decide that Pirates of the Caribbean will be our next stop and it's so much fun to share with friends (and we all manage to stay dry!) We move onto the Haunted Mansion before Kristen and I dump the others at Indiana Jones Adventure (it actually worked out that Kristen wasn't quite tall enough to ride so I volunteered to miss it (no intention of riding it anyway!) so we filled in time with a Jack Sparrow sword and watched the crowds pass in front of the Rivers of America). A quick tour of Tarzan's Treehouse for Chad and the kids, a ride on the railroad to Tomorrowland and a hair raising experience on Space Mountain - Ghost Galaxy (I chickened out and by all accounts after hearing about it, kind of glad!) We then parted ways (the Ferguson's heading back to their hotel for a swim and us making the most of our last few hours in the park.)

We managed to do Autopia (again!), Mad Tea Party (teacups), Pirates of the Caribbean (I will miss not being able to ride this daily, I think it ended up being my park favourite!) and a final session at the Shootin' Exposition. We then wandered in and out of the shops down Main Street USA, sadly bound for the exit gates. A few last photos of the park as the sun set behind Sleeping Beauty Castle and our time at the Magic Kingdom came to an end.

We had a fabulous dinner at Naples Ristorante' in Downtown Disney with the Ferguson's (was so great having the chance to meet some of Julie's family too) before ending our shared day of Disney back in the lounge of the Grand Californian with a relaxing drink and chat.

An early start to the next day, packing and laundry before check out at 11am. Our time here at the Disneyland Hotel has soared above our expectations and was truly a magical experience and one that we will never forget. But we are now headed for the bright lights of Las Vegas and are looking forward to the experiences ahead.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0415s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb