Day 21 to 24 - Grand Canyon to LAs VEgas!!!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Nevada » Las Vegas
September 27th 2009
Published: September 27th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Day 21 - We got up very early to head to the Grand Canyon to do a hike. The idea didnt completely go to plan as we got a bit lost on the bus and left later than planned but we eventually got there! We set off down the Bright Angel trail which went down the canyon pretty steeply. We blistfully headed 3 miles down the canyon thinking it was a piece of cake, the only thing was that it got hotter the further down you went. On the way we past some mules that were transporting food etc down to the bottom and we got pestered by some annoying squirrels!! Once we got as far as threee miles we decided to turn to go back up the canyon. This was obviously alot tougher. The first mile and a half up the canyon was ok...only taking us 35 minutes to walk up all the steps but the last mile and a half was alot tougher and as the day got hotter we felt the strain!! but eventually we got up to the top in a total time of 3 hours and 17 minutes which was pretty good as the recommended time was 4 to 6 hours!! For the rest of the day we just decided it was deserved that we relaxed around camp and eat lots of food. In the evening we headed back to the edge of the canyon to watch the sunset. It wasnt as impressive as monument valley but still very nice to see!

Day 22 to 24 - Surprisingly we all managed to be up and ready to leave right on time...nothing to do with the fact we were heading to a hotel in Vegas or anything! Once we got to vegas, the next 3 nights involved the usual antics that Vegas has to offer! We had a nice limo ride through the city on the first night...the limo was massive! The rest of our time involved relaxing around our hotel pool (which was hooters by the way!!!) and doing the usual drinking!!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0498s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb