USA-Cruise-Europe-Day 5


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Nevada » Las Vegas
April 11th 2009
Published: April 28th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Day 5



All others in our group wanted to spend the day shopping at the Factory Outlets, so after having a very late breakfast (which was really lunch), I trekked off for a long, long walk down Las Vegas Blvd.

The first hotel was the one at Mandalay Bay. The outside front of the hotel included gardens & a waterfall.






Next, was the Luxor Hotel with it's impressive buildling designed to look like a Pyramid.






At night the Luxor Pyramid, like most others is even more impressive, with search lights beaming out into the night sky which can be seen from far away.







Next went past Excalibur & the MGM Grand Hotels. Outside the Tropicana, they were offering a free go on a Poker machine to win a prize,
so I had a go & just won a pack of Tropicana playing cards.

Saw New York New York next which includes the Statue of Liberty & the New York skyline.





Went past a giant Coca Cola bottle, then saw the Monte Carlo Hotel.

One thing you notice is that wherever go in downtown Las Vegas there is always
people drinking alcohol whether on the street, in the shopping malls & of course inside the Casino's. Smoking is stll permitted inside the Casino's as
well, so some areas are too bad to stay long (especially if there are cigar smokers).

After Monte Carlo, saw the Harley Davidson Cafe, the Bellagio & Caesars Palace. Bellagio has a dancing waters show out front - it is performed day & night, but looks better at night.

Caesar's Palace is a very big Hotel which they are still expanding.
They have lot's of Roman Statues & fountains inside. The shopping centre inside has artifical sky, so you
could almost think you were outside in the street.

Saw Paris next with it's replica of the Eiffel Tower, which is very realistic.






In the gardens of the Flamingo Hotel there were different types of ducks & of course beautiful orange Flamingo's. Went past Casino Royale then into the Mirage. As well as a rainforest inside the Hotel, The Mirage is home to the Beatles Love Show & also has a Beatles Lounge.

Next went past Treasure Island, with 2 Pirate ships out front. There are shows each evening.






By the the time I reached Circus Circus it was already after 5 pm. So after taking some pictures of the Stratosphere (a large tower),
I decided to head back to the rendezvous place at the Manadalay Bay. Walking back was taking a while, so I saw a sign to a Monorail so I decided to try it. The entrance sign was out front of a Hotel - by the time I followed all the signs inside teh hotel it took 15 minutes just to reach the station.






Then due to a confusing announcement, I (& other people as well) took the monorail in the wrong direction. So the trip to the MGM turned out to be too long (I might as well walked).

When I arrived at the MGM Grand, all I wanted to do was to get back to the street, however there are no signs anywhere. I asked directions several times & after 15 minutes or so I finally was able to get out to Las Vegas Blvd.

After re-joining the rest of the group we had dinner, then watched the night-time watershow out front of Bellagio. Then we went for a walk-through in Caesars Palace, then back to the Bellagio where we saw a big flower display featuring Tulips. Headed back to our Holiday house after midnight!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.206s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.048s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb