USA-Cruise-Europe-Day 4


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Nevada » Las Vegas
April 10th 2009
Published: April 18th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Day 4



After breakfast we drove back to Beverly Hills for some pictures next to the famous sign.




Next, we headed up to look at the Hollywood sign. To get there we asked directions from a Beverly Hills resident, who was able to give us exact directions.







After that, we filled up the cars with Petrol & headed off to Las Vegas. When you buy Petrol you always have to pre-pay which is a bit of a pain (because you don't know how many gallons the car will take).

We left L.A. & the transition for normal suburbia to Desert became apparent.






We stopped at Barstow after a few hours of driving to have lunch at a Sushi restaurant. Barstow used to be known for it's factory outlets - there are still some, but most have closed & moved to Las Vegas. Mostly there are heaps of fast food places to eat.

Arrived on the outskirts of Las Vegas just after 5 pm. First things we saw was a Fashion Outlet & Buffalo Bill's Casino & Resort. We found our accommodation at Hummingbird Hill St in the suburb of Henderson.








After removing all the bags from our cars we headed to the "Strip" of Las Vegas & parked the cars in the Mandalay Bay Hotel car park.
While there we had dinner in the Red, White & Blue restaurant (after 10 pm).







When dinner was finished we took a walk through the Hotel to the next Hotel the Luxor. The Luxor was designed in the shaped of a pyramid & it is Egyptian themed.








We started to walk outside to go to the strip, but it started to rain (I didn't think it rained much in the desert!), so we went back to the cars & took a slow drive along Las Vegas Blvd. At that time of night there are so many cars (& people), traffic moves very slow, so it allows you the chance to take pictures. We saw many casino's including Hollywod, Caesar's Palace & a very high tower-the Stratsosphere.









Advertisement



Tot: 0.286s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.1388s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb