Nevada and Arizona


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Nevada » Las Vegas
December 25th 2008
Published: December 26th 2008
Edit Blog Post

PahrumpPahrumpPahrump

Outside the gate at Frontsight.
Since we didn't decide to do a travel blog until a few weeks into the trip, these first stops and pictures are a tad sketchy and leave a bit to be desired. We will do better as we go along we promise.
We left Laguna Del Sol the day before Thanksgiving 2008. We went to GE but only for a couple weeks. The price of fuel coming down so much was the main impetus for travel rather than sitting the winter at GE. We of course miss everyone at GE but this is fun and cheaper to do now.
The first stop was beautiful Pahrump NV. That is the home of Frontsight Firearms Institute. It was five days of the best training available anywhere, both classroom and range. We dry camped there in the motorhome (also called boondocking). It got cold and snowed being mid December. I could have picked a better time of year for sure. Anyway, we were parked right outside the gate so it was very convenient.
Next we went to Las Vegas. As chance would have it, a crowd from GE was coming up that same weekend. It was great to see everyone
MirageMirageMirage

Dolphin
and pal around the shows and casinos. It snowed hard there though, a rare event in Las Vegas. There are a few pictures taken at the Mirage animal section.
We left there on Monday, December 22nd. We are headed south and east so we spent the first night at Wikieup, AZ. Nothing there but a little RV park, store and post office. The next day it was on into Shangri La for one night and some tennis that first day. Again the weather sucked so we then drove on to Tucson and the Mira Vista Resort. It is nice, but once again the weather sucked. It seems to be chasing us. Today is Christmas and this is a good place to be for that.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

MirageMirage
Mirage

Tiger
MirageMirage
Mirage

Lion
MirageMirage
Mirage

Dolphins
MirageMirage
Mirage

Lion
Mira Vista- TucsonMira Vista- Tucson
Mira Vista- Tucson

Parked in the back.
Mira VistaMira Vista
Mira Vista

in front
Mira VistaMira Vista
Mira Vista

in front
Mira VistaMira Vista
Mira Vista

a regular visitor to the grounds. Quite unafraid of people. There were 10 of them including 2 babies.


Tot: 0.147s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.1068s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb