Tombstone and Bisbee, AZ


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Arizona » Tombstone
December 28th 2008
Published: December 28th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hello from southeast Arizona. It is cold here still. It will be down in the teens tonight. Anyway, we got up and drove to Bisbee first. It is a neat historical town that started as a mining camp. Pretty high elevation of about 5200 feet. Kind of a hippy town with alot of coffee and antique shops.
From there we went back north to Tombstone, also one that started as a mining camp but of course most famous for the gunfight that occurred on October 26th, 1881 between the Earp's and four of the "cowboys" who lost. It is also a tourist trap but fun. We saw a re-enactment of the gunfight which they do daily. We also saw the actual site of the fight which was in a space the size of a 2 car garage at an average range of a few feet and lasted about 30 seconds.
We are back at the motorhome now and tomorrow the plan is to get all the way to El Paso if I don't whiz out in the driving department.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

BisbeeBisbee
Bisbee

post office
TombstoneTombstone
Tombstone

ok coral
TombstoneTombstone
Tombstone

gunfight site
TombstoneTombstone
Tombstone

Boothill Cemetary where the Clantons and McClaury's are buried.


28th December 2008

The Right Time
Hey Chiefy and Girl-Animal, It is good to see ya. Thanks for including me. BTW Chiefy your timing is good - Ya showed after the gunfight was over! I know what you'll be doing in El Paso. All my paperwork is on its way - so I am just wwaaiittiinngg...
28th December 2008

Excellent
Excellent dude. And you even posted pictures. Keep 'em coming.
29th December 2008

Greetings back at ya
Glad to hear from you. Cool, you're driving around seeing some of the country. Good for you. Let us know when you're back at Laguna. Have Fun!
30th December 2008

My nephew teaches art at the local community college in Bisbee. Did you see him? Happy New Year! It looks like you are headed to that nice 80 degree weather in Tampa.

Tot: 0.111s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0474s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb