Day 27 - Clampetts Hit Vegas !


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Nevada » Las Vegas
July 3rd 2008
Published: July 6th 2008
Edit Blog Post

I had been looking forward to this day the entire trip but it didn't start off quite as we had planned. As if the fire alarm fiasco yesterday wasn't enough, we woke up at 6:00 this morning to the banging noise of tile workers removing tile in the bathroom above us. We had just gotten to sleep good and didn't have to be up until 1:00 p.m.. After approximately 30 minutes on the phone with managers and the main office, their solution to the problem was to move us to another room. We had to get the entire room packed up, at 6:00 a.m. ,and move to the 10th floor. So here we go on the elevator, me in my flannel gown, no shoes and my hair sticking up all over and Tim in his shorts and flip-flops (I think his two pieces of hair were sticking up too !). We had thrown everything into those plastic laundry bags they provide for you and I swear we looked like the Clampetts hit Vegas, but we didn't care, we just wanted some sleep. We finally arrived at room 1002, dropped everything in the floor and jump back into bed only to wake up an hour later burning up. The air in this lovely upgraded junior suite was definitely not working and Tim was definitely not happy. His Graves Disease causes him to have hot flashes all the time so he always likes the room ice cold. But, he was so tired he decided to just kick the covers off and deal with it later on! We fell fast asleep and didn't wake up until the alarm on Tim's phone started beeping at 1:00 p.m. Yeahhhh !!! This sound was music to my ears because it meant that it was Spa time baby !! Tim and I were scheduled to have couples massages at 2:00 p.m. followed by pedicures at 3:00 p.m. and a facial for me at 4:00 p.m. We were in heaven for the next few hours, no phones, no televisions, no kids, no bills, no barking dogs, no fire alarms, no worries !! Just me and him and candles and wine and some of that music that sounds like the ocean and it was WONDERFUL !!! After indulging ourselves at the spa, Tim went straight to the casino to see if his luck had changed while I went back to the room to relax. Later in the evening we met up at Penazzi's and enjoyed some Italian Cuisine for dinner. We spent the rest of our last evening in Vegas at Toby Keith's playing blackjack and enjoying each other's company. We are all rested up and ready to get back on the road tomorrow. Grand Canyon here we come !!!

Advertisement



8th July 2008

LOL
I was laughing so hard when I read this!! The two of you wandering through the hotel in your PJs is jsut priceless. And I can't believe that you made that reference to Tim's hair :-)
9th July 2008

LOL
The hair comment was in honor of you and Anthony !!!

Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0665s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1012.1kb