Roadtrip 2008--Me and My Prius


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Nevada » Las Vegas
June 5th 2008
Published: June 5th 2008
Edit Blog Post

First stop---Las Vegas, Terribles, Casino, Rollercoaster




Took off from Santa Monica at 6:30 am to beat any traffic on my way. This strategy worked out perfectly. As I was winding down the 15 avoiding all speedtraps, I decided that I wanted to try out that rollercoaster at the edge of Vegas. Erin M. Atwater promised me it was the craziest rollercoaster ever. It was about 10 am and my Prius told me that I was doing quite well with my gas consumption. (Since I am doing this roadtrip alone, I will probably have to name my Prius soon, because it will be my best friend---Suggestions?) I spotted the rollercoaster and blood started pumping. I was at magic Mountain just a week ago enjoying the new X2 ride and hoped this could compare. I hate making unnecessary stops, but this was something that had to be done. I parked, scurried through the casino, passing the call of the empty $2 minimum craps table, I had to go to the bathroom as well After a couple of dead ends I finally arrived at the ticket booth and saw it does not open until noon. A scene from Vacation comes to mind. There was no Marty Moose to strangle so I accepted my fate and wondered when I could get back. Well, I got to go to the bathroom so my stop was not futile. I walk back through the casino resisting the call of the craps table. Some people get the call of the Wild I get the call of the CRAPS! ( interpret that any way you want to!) I managed to keep my money in my wallet and my agenda in tact. It was like going to Bay Cities and not picking up a Godmother Sub. ( If you do not know what I am talking about, then I am a very bad friend)

I hopped back in the car and continued on my way toward St. George, Utah.



Advertisement



5th June 2008

crapper
a crapper about the coaster. how about "herbie ceviche" for the prius. drive fast and take chances. enjoy!
5th June 2008

It's no X2
For the record, Primm, NV's roller coaster is NO X2. It is just shockingly scary for such a small town coaster. I am so happy for you to be traveling on the open road by yourself!! Well, you and....Gandalf..no, Hildago, Wayne? Jerry!!
5th June 2008

Vacation (1983)
Ellen Griswold: I honestly don't think we're going to find the Grand Canyon on this road. Clark: Jesus, it's only the biggest God-damn hole in the world. Aunt Edna: Clark, watch your language! Clark: Make that the second biggest. haha keep the blogs comin'! love it!
5th June 2008

Nic-Why and How did you decide on St George??? BE SAFE
5th June 2008

Woo hoo!!! Be careful! Spoken like a true mother....
24th June 2008

I have no idea what you are talking about...
and the car is clearly Thelma to your Loiuse or Louise to your Thelma.

Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0461s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb