Vegas


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Nevada » Las Vegas
May 9th 2008
Published: May 9th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We rolled in2 Las Vegas about 5:30 a.m and were very releived to get off the fuckin coach. Travellin long distances on Greyhound sucks. There r people constantly sniffin... to the point where i wanna just say "BLOW UR GODDAMN NOSE!!!" But as they probably carry knives i bit my tongue. The first part wasn't to bad, crossin through New Mexico and Arizona, seein those big old cactuses but as soon as the sun sets u just wanna slit ur wrists. Unlike the train the seats r 2 small 4 u to ever become comfey especially if u get sat next to some fat guy.
I woke up to find the sky lit up by lights and knew we must be almost there... a tear rolled down my eye. Well we got off the bus and then headed to our hostel which is right on the strip. It was to early for us 2 check in so we dumped r bags in reception, got some brekkie and then took a walk down the strip. We got to the eiffel tower (i am still in vegas) and then headed back. We checked into r room and met up with Tess and Alice, the aussies and then went for a swin in the hostel pool.
We then went to the Stratosphere, which is a real tall buildin with rides on the top. The rides them selves r pretty basic and in a regular theme park they would never have real long ques, but as these ones hang a few hundred feet over the edge of the buildin it adds a different element. The first one we rode was like a see saw which drops over the edge, which was real cool. We were going to ride another but it was too windy so we decided to come back later. We then got back to the hostel where Ben and myself caught up on some much needed sleep.
We woke up had a bit of food at the hostel barbie and then went and rode the ride at the top of the stratosphere with another added element... the fact that i was nicely drunk!!
Us and the aussies then headed down the strip drinkin out of brown paper bags like the vagrants that we r. We wanted to watch a show at Treasure Island but due to the wind conditions we couldn't watch the pirates swing about.
Nicely drunk we headed back to the hostel where we hit the hay as us and the Aussies were headin out to the Grand Canyon for a couple of days in a hire car and had to be up early.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.223s; Tpl: 0.034s; cc: 11; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0665s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb