Elpaso to Vegas to the Grand Canyon to Vegas to Death Valley and back to Vegas...


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Texas » El Paso
May 9th 2008
Published: May 9th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Well its been a while and i'm sorry for all my readers and i'm missin a couple of blogs from the last couple of days in Orleans and the 30 hour train journey from Orleans to El Paso, Texas. But don't worry i've wrote em in my diary so i'll try and bang em up on here at some point.
Anyways got into El Paso early evenin and got a lift from the station to our hostel where much confusion did commence. I'd booked online in2 our Hostel and when we got there we sorted out our room and the guy on the desk kept on sayin 'the Gold Room' but i knew i had booked a twin room. However when we turned the key and entered we found a big double Bed facing me and Ben. I don't have a problem with homosexuals or anything but i didn't want people to think me and Ben were a couple it just seems a bit strange. Ben however seemed quite excited and whilst Ben began spreadin rose petals on the bed i went down and got us changed for a twin room.
After settlin in2 our new room we headed out to get some beers and stuff for brekkie. We then went out and got some real good mexican grub which cost about 3 quid but would tide us over for a week. We got chattin to some english guys in the common room and one of them had there passport eaten by a dog... explain that one 2 border control!!
We got up the next day and sorted out r 18 hour bus journey 2 Vegas from El Paso. We then took a trip over the border in Juarez, which to say is just over the border from USA as in a couple of hundred metres but it changes completely once over the border. U notice that the sewers ain't quite as efficient or maybe it was me... There r loads of pharmacists so americans can slip over the border and get cheap prescription drugs. Taxi drivers kept on offerin us a taxi but we didn't know why they thought we needed a taxi... it wasn't till one eventually said "taxi to the ladies" that we figured out what most americans must do when they cross over after pullin Ben from the backof a taxi and explainin it wasn't in our budget we crossed back over the border.
That evenin we had a walk up to the student area which was a lot more lively than down town el paso. Which is real quiet i mean seriously dead.
We then headed back to the hostel for r final night in El Paso
The next mornin while Ben sorted out flights i went and bought myself a couple of cow boy shirts 2 for $20!! We then jumped on the greyhound for a hellacious 18 hours to Vegas!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.153s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0464s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb