Grand Canyon


Advertisement
Published: May 9th 2008
Edit Blog Post

By the time Alice arrived in the rental and we packed our stuff it was about nine. We headed out of Vegas and hit the highway, we crossed over the hoover damn where we took snaps (interestin fact: did u know the concrete has not fully set in the hoover damn, even though it was finished in 1934. Hope u were sat down for that fact!)
We got to the Grand Canyon early afternoon and got parked up and wow!! That place is truly amazin, i mean in England we have what? The north yorks moors and dales, the white clifts of dover. It blows em out the water. It was amazin, i was blown away. i took tonnes of pics and none of them bad but none of them truly capturing the scale of that place.
We attempted to watch the sun set but the clouds conspired against us and they all gathered round the settin sun to block off r view. We sat there for a while legs hangin over the edge takin loads of photos. We then drove off and got checked in2 our motel room for a few beers and bed.
Got up the next mornin and went to a different point of the Canyon, where we could see that old colorado river runnin right through the bottom of it. I wish we had more time to hike to the bottom and have a swim in that big old river.
We then headed back to the bright lights of vegas, where Ben was to depart us to hook up with Debbie in San Diego. It was strange not havin Ben with me after 2 months of being with him. Can't wait to meet back up with him LA!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.148s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 44; dbt: 0.049s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb