The Desert City - Las Vegas


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Nevada » Las Vegas
June 27th 2007
Published: June 27th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Vegas was cool, well no in fact to change that to Vegas was very hot, but a cool place to visit all the same. During the fours days we were there it rarely dropped below 100, even in the middle of the night. It's too hot to sit out in, you can maybe do int early in the morning for a bit but by about 11 o'clock, forget it. Therefore most of the time we were inside with the comfort of air conditioning.

First night we had arrived late so we just stayed in the travel lodge, not the ideal choice, but by this time I was really tired and just wanted a place to sleep for the night.
Refreshed the next morning we made our way down to the library (so far really living the Vegas lifestyle) to book a hotel on the net. We found the Sahara on line for 40 bucks, cheaper than all the hostels we have stayed in so far in the US. In the afternoon we made our way down there and checked in. The Sahara is on the strip but at the far end. This wasn't too much of a concern though
Inside the world of the Venetian Inside the world of the Venetian Inside the world of the Venetian

Some of the Hotels are the size of small towns in Vegas
as we had the car to get about anyway.

The three full days and nights we had there seemed to go by quickly. We gambled a little, won a little then lost a little. We were hardly big players though, bearing mind we have been away for 7 months, the amount of disposable cash we currently have is not at it's highest!

We made sure we took full advantage of the Vegas buffets though. Probably a little too much. But is hard to not when there's just so much food of different varieties on offer. Our first night in the Sahara saw us both putting away about 7 plate fulls of food. This took a good hour, and we watched many others come and go within this time. Having said that, with America being America, i'm sure there were also many there that ate more that us!
At this point I promised myself, " no buffet tomorrow" but strangely 24hrs later there we were sat in the same seats ready for round two. To be fair we did tame it down a little from the day before, because on that night there had been a certain amount of recovery time required.
Third night, and I guess I don't need to tell you where we ate!!!

The day times in Vegas was mainly spent looking round the vast amount of Hotels and Casinos that the town has to offer. Some are just truly amazing. Each have there own little (or not so little) world in which to explore. I suppose when I think about it, night time was also spent with a fair bit looking round as well. We also went up to the top of the Stratosphere, which I think counts as our 8th tall building for the trip. Just one more to go, being the Empire Estate building next week.

Whilst in Vegas we had originally planned to spend a day going to the Grand Canyon, but after the long drive to get here, and the long drive to San Diego we were due to make we decided we wouldn't. So that's twice Ive been to Vegas, and neither time have I made it there - Shame full!!

After days in Vegas we left early the next morning for our last designation on the West Coast, San Diego.




Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement

Crazy Ride Crazy Ride
Crazy Ride

Another of the three at the top of the Stratosphere
Screw that Screw that
Screw that

One of the three rides at the top of the Stratosphere
The Stratosphere The Stratosphere
The Stratosphere

At the top of tall building number 7 on my travels


Tot: 0.118s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 10; qc: 61; dbt: 0.0543s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb