Stars, Stripes, Friends & Family...


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Nevada » Las Vegas
January 15th 2007
Published: January 16th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hello everyone! Thanks for all your help concerning the photos and we trying Scotts method so hopefully we will find something.

Since writing last, we went to the airport in Tahiti and we had a long wait to our 2am flight, but our boredom was put on hold as we saw a big celebrity!! As we were sitting down, Tyra Banks (supermodel/actress/tv host) walked past. We managed to get her autograph and I took a picture when she walked away and then she saw the flash and turned around and smiled. She was very nice and friendly.
We arrived in LA the next day and headed to Hollywood Boulevard where our hostel was (opposite the Chineese Theatre) and collapsed as we hadn't slept.
We walked along the Boulevard to Paramount Studios & Griffith Park and all the way up the top of the mountain to the Observatory which had a fabulous free museum and great views.
We went to the Getty Art Galley on the following day which was also free and fantastic. The building was massive and it had nice gardens.
We then walked along Venice/Santa Monica beach on the next day. The beach was lovely and wide and Santa Monica had a good pier. When we came back to Hollywood we witnessed a Star being laid down outside the Chineese Theatre and it was Hillary Swank's (In 'Million Dollar Baby') and she was there. She made a lovely tear jerking speech and then we went on our way to look around Midtown and Korea Town. We then met Yvonne in the evening and it was so great to see her after all this time.

We looked at more of the Hollywood attractions with Yvonne on the next day. We looked at the hand and footprints and the Kodak Theatre (Oscars). We then went to Malibu beach and Rodeo Drive. We then the LA County Museum Of Art, where yet again we bumped into another celebrity. This time it was a mega big star. It was Leonardo DeCaprio!!! We were in a small room looking at Monet when Yvonne spots him and his 'new girlfriend' (you heard it from us first). He realised we spotted him and left the building as we coulnt track him down again!

We then spent the whole next day at Universal Studios. We went on all the rides, met spongebob, saw sets (Notting Hill) and we really enjoyed the studio tour with all the special effects. We particulary enjyed the Mummy Returns ride and Bob screamed from shock when a mummy came up from behind her before the ride too!

On the following day, we showed Yvonne the Getty and we went to another art gallery (Hammer). We then attended a Jay Leno show and we got to see Helen Mirim which was great. We then went to another art gallery in the evening (Museum Of Californian Art) which was good.

We went downtown on the next day and we had a great time looking at all of the architecture (The Orpheum - American Idol) and around China town. We attended another Jay Leno recording and we saw Renee Zelweger and the rapper Common which was great. We then left for Anaheim and after a bit of confusion we finally ended up in our motel room.

We put on our mickey ears on the next day and headed to Disneyland! We met up with Dad's friend, friend who got us in for free which was really nice of him. We went on all of the rides we wanted to go on in Disneyland and Califronia Adventures and we also saw the parade and the one and only mickey mouse himself. It is very cold in Calfironia at the moment, one of the coldest winters on record and so we got very very cold as it got dark.

We left early the next day at 4.30am and made out way to Las Vegas! Viva Las Vegas! We were met by Aunty Jean and we were driven back to her home which is in a restricted access area. I have never been in a house this nice before. Her TV makes our TV look small (sorry Dad) and she has a lovely dog and cat too. She then kindly made us a fabulous roast and homemade pudding too!




Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement



16th January 2007

I like to be in America
Sounds like you are having a fantastic time in the US of A. Say hello to Jean for us. Bobby you look so brown. All those mega stars you are seeing. Your time away seems to have gone so quickly. It is still quite mild over here for the time of year. Your dad is cleaning the house as we speak ready for your return. (At least I think that is what he said!!) Love the prize winning Benjies xxxx
16th January 2007

Hello
Hi there all. I love the photos and updates in this blog. Yve its great to see you having fun with the bobbies...hehe. WE have to meet up when your all back......neways just wanted to say hi. Enjoy the rest of the trip as i know its nearing the end. Take care LOve saskia xx
17th January 2007

fantastic blog
The blogs just get better and better - we are going to so miss them when you get home!!!! Sure you need to come home just yet!!!!! Ha Ha. Only joking - can't wait. Lots of love to Jean (laughed out loud when I read about her big telly)- we're thinking of a visit now of course!! Mumsy xxxxx
17th January 2007

You've done it!!
Yes, Venice Beach - that well known hive of activity - also emptied when the two Bobs arrived - that's 312 beaches you've visited and not a soul on any of them. Loved the Shirley Temple, Rooney (great!!) and Capitol Records pics. I though that when you finally got to a place I'd already been that I wouldn't find it so interesting, bit I was wrong. I can't wait for more tails of Stars you've seen and places you've been. Glad to hear you like your current lodgings and hope the lady who runs it isn't as nasty to you as some of them were "down under". Have a great time in Vegas. I believe that most of the casinos (like the museums, art galleries etc) are free to go in - so that's a lot of nice places to visit (and you can always watch Yvonne betting!). Looking forward to the next (last?) blog - we'll miss them. .
18th January 2007

Blogs, Blogs Glorious Blogs
Just want to say WE WILL MISS THE BLOGS TOO. What am I going to do instead at 7 o'clock in the morning when you get back? We feel that we have all been around the world with you. Love The Benjies Photo request - how about a picture with you and Jean?

Tot: 0.28s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 14; qc: 67; dbt: 0.2188s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb