Day 2 - Las Vegas


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Nevada » Las Vegas
December 31st 2006
Published: January 2nd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Started the day today going to the Factory Outlet shopping center. Arrived at 11am. Omigod - it was the best. Started at the Nike store and I just went crazy. It was great. Bought heaps, got a pair of Nike Shox runners for $29 ($250 back home). I could of spent the night here. Anyway after a few glares from Benn we paid for our stuff and moved on. Bought a pair of Levi's for $24 and a few other odd things. There was just not enough time to see everything.

Anyway the day was flying by and it was New Years Eve for us. So we headed back to the hotel and got changed for the New Year’s celebrations. We rang up to see if we could get into the Pure Nightclub- where Britney Spears was hosting, but it was a little to expensive at $300 each- not including any drinks. So we decided just to stick it out on the strip. The strip was closed of traffic from 6pm, so people were just walking everywhere.

There were drink stations everywhere, people were drinking on the streets. You could take your drink anywhere. So I bought a big sippers like the length of your arm) and sipped on that. Benn bought a bottle of beam and mixed it with coke. There was no hiding everyone was drinking and buying alcohol on the street. It was just insane.

So we continued to walk down the strip (literally- on the road). We went into each casino to have a look. Kept walking down the strip and stopped off for pizza and re fills. It was getting quite busy. We made our way to the other end of the strip and turned around to find the best view point for the fireworks. I wasn’t feeling too good after a few drinks- felt really bloated so I went a bit soft. But that didn’t stop Benn. He powered through started talking to everyone and got really annoying.

Anyways we found a good place which got over crowded and finally the clock striked midnight - HAPPY NEW YEAR. Fire works went off the top of the casinos. We could only see 2 lots, we expected them to come off all casinos. After the fireworks new years greetings were exchanged and things got very crowded. Trying to get from A to B was crazy- everyone was getting squashed and young kids were in danger. They had barricaded off areas which made it hard for people to pass. There was apparently half to three quarters of a million people around.

So we finally worked our way back to the hotel and got back at 1.30pm. Well Benn stumbled back with my aid. Got to bed at 1.30am which wasn’t to bad in the end. Not a bad night- little over ratted. I would expect much the same celebrations in the city back home. Drunk people walking round yelling out and then fireworks.



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.133s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0425s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb