Beijing Travel Advice


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Nebraska » Omaha
September 22nd 2007
Published: September 22nd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Shuttle bus brochure side 1Shuttle bus brochure side 1Shuttle bus brochure side 1

This company can get you from the airport to the cool part of Beijing. Print this puppy out and you are on your way.
I am home.

Since returning, I have gotten some emails about where I stayed in Beijing and how to get around, so I decided to post some helpful information for future Beijiing travellers.


The Shuttle bus pictures are two sides of a brochure that can take you from the airport to the cool part of Beijing, near Tiananmen square and stuff.

The GOTOhotel pictures are the brochure of the hotel I stayed at... highly recommended. 260 yuan per night (with a deposit of several days lodging up front) and it has maid service, a toilet and shower and high speed internet in each room.

When you get through customs at the airport, find your way to the information desk which I think is on the lower level. Show them the shuttle bus brochure, and they will point you where to go to catch the bus. Beware, there are lots of shuttle busses going to lots of different places, just be sure to show them the map and tell them you want to go to either the shopping center I circled, or the train station. YOU WILL NEED TO PAY IN CHINESE MONEY, so you may want
Shuttle bus brochure side 2Shuttle bus brochure side 2Shuttle bus brochure side 2

Take this bus to either the shopping center or the train station, then take a cab to the hotel from there.
to stop at the money-changing desk at the airport if you didn't bring Chinese money with you. And be sure to get some small bills, probably about 200 yuan in 10's and 20's so you can pay for tickets and cabfare.

So you get to the shuttle bus, and your ticket is like 50 yuan or so ( I think it is less, but I can't remember for sure.)
You get off at either the train station or the shopping center, and then you grab a cab at either place (there will be plenty at both) and you show them the hotel brochure and they will take you there. Cab ride shouldn't be more than 20 yuan from either place.

I hope this helps... just make sure you have a reservation at the hotel before you show up. Make friends with a Chinese person in your country, and have them call and make the reservation for you. Maybe go to a Chinese restaurant and pay someone to do it for you... they don't speak English at the hotel, which is fine for checking in and out, but not for making reservations.

Also, if you go to the
My hotel brochure, side 1My hotel brochure, side 1My hotel brochure, side 1

Great hotel, very clean, very affordable, and maid service, toilet, shower, and internet access. (bring your laptop.) Show this brochure to the cab driver and you are in like flynn... but make sure you have reservations first, they book up quickly.
Days Inn website, they have a location in Beijing called the Joiest location, and that is also very centrally located. When I called them at the Days Inn they spoke English on the phone, so that is another option for you.

The hotel I recommended is about a 30 minute walk from Tiananmen Square, about a 15 minute walk from the Temple of Heaven, and about a 7 minute walk to the Beijing Museum of Natural History (which I recommend). If you take cabs to those places they are very quick and only about 10-12 yuan.

Enjoy Beijing, it is really a neat place, and email me if you have any other questions.

BILL CONRAD.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

hotel brochure, side 2hotel brochure, side 2
hotel brochure, side 2

Good luck... I hope you speak a little Chinese in Beijing, you will need it
hotel business card, side 1 and 2hotel business card, side 1 and 2
hotel business card, side 1 and 2

This is the biz card from the Beijing hotel I stayed at. There is also a Days Inn near by (called the Joiest branch) that might be better...(they spoke english on the phone at the Days Inn when I called, but the GOTO doesn't speak english at the front counter, but it was a really good hotel...)


28th December 2007

Thank you
This is absolutely briliant information and I thank you for it. Feature of being able to enlarge brochures and print them is excellent. All your good work is very much appreciated and will be kept in "Favourites". So very thoughtful from you. Thanks again.

Tot: 0.124s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0541s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb