The Road to Amerivespa 2011


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Nebraska » Lincoln
June 10th 2011
Published: June 10th 2011
Edit Blog Post

The road to Amerivespa begins on Sunday as Molly, Paul, Audrey, Mike, Audra and I begin our epic 1,100 adventure from Lincoln, Nebraska to New Orleans, Louisiana.

Last night we gathered with the group making the journey to discuss our final plans, share a meal and practice getting our Vespas loaded on the trailer that will haul all of our scooters back from our epic riding journey. Noah, a friend who owns Great Plains Cycle, a fabulous shop in Lincoln, Nebraska was gracious enough to loan us ol' Red, his trusty three bike trailer. Our plan was to load two Vespas forward facing and one rear facing. We found out last night that Vespas are a bit wider than three Ducatis - doh! Snag number one. However, consultations between Paul and Noah began and they have devised an alternate loading system: one that does not require a trailer purchase. Yay!

What is an epic adventure without a few snags? Snag number two occurred this morning. Less than 48 hours before our trip begins, my husband was called by his employer for a mandatory report in to work on Monday. Mike is an educator and has summers free of daily
Best Tacos in TownBest Tacos in TownBest Tacos in Town

...except for the chicarones - stay away from the skin tacos...blech!
duty at his school. Sadly, there district office suffered a tragic fire a little over a week ago. The building and its contents, a total loss. It was found that the last good back up was five days before the fire, which was prior to turning in grades for the term. Yikes! Mike and his co-workers need to report back in to recreate the last week of the term from their classrooms. Snag averted though as Mike is allowed to go in today to get his work done instead of Monday. It was a tense two hours while we awaited the good news.

The road to Amerivespa is back on track. For those of you who do not know what Amerivespa is, it's a whole lotta fun, rolled into three days! Seriously though, it's a big scooter rally for Vespa owners and other scooter owners alike. It's held in a different location each year. This year, it's held in the Big Easy, baby! Now some of you may be saying, what the hell is a scooter rally? Here's some reading material for you - read up, I'm going to take a nap so I'll be well-rested for the trip.

http://thetransportationrevolution.com/wordpress/?tag=amerivespa

Advertisement



Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0377s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb