Utah and Yellowstone


Advertisement
Published: February 16th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Yellowstone


Antelope IslandAntelope IslandAntelope Island

Setting Sun over the lake of Antelope Island. A truly remarkable scene
After a few days on the road and trips through towns in the Rockies such as Aspen we are now set up for a couple of days at Yellowstone national park. The journey was one of the most amazing I have ever experienced, the Rockies is a must see for anyone who truly admires nature. You could easily spend a whole month in the mountains and only scratch the surface.

The stop off point for us was a day in Salt Lake City which was a interesting experience. I would certainly not classify the city a a great point of interest (would actually call it dull) but the national park to the west called Antelope Island is truly a spectacle for anyone to see.

The drive up through Utah was amazing and a great experience where we encountered our first tornado during the night while driving. It was a great experience to be driving along and see this big spiral lit by the moon not more than two miles away from us.

Tee following day after a stop off at one of the many motels (usually around 100 dollars for triple room) we made our way into Idaho
Salt Lake CitySalt Lake CitySalt Lake City

Civic Town Hall
(potato country) which is very lush land. After a good few hours we saw signs for Yellowstone.

Going to try and catch the waterfalls and the geysers over the next two days. Also hoping to catch a glimpse of some Bison and Bears if possible.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 52; dbt: 0.054s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb