Leaving Montana


Advertisement
Published: June 18th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Home sweet HomeHome sweet HomeHome sweet Home

Here's how we live: a 38' diesel pusher, pulling a little red jeep, with golf clubs in the back. (I don't know if that makes it our golf cart, or our garage!)

We left Montana today, headed for Canada. We drove through Glacier Park, and we had both forgotten how beautiful it is. I will post a couple pictures, but only a small fraction of those I took. I found out I can take them through the windshield of the motor home (aka bus!) and every time we drove around a bend there was a view prettier than the last one I took! The weather was rainy (we’ve driven through LOTS of rain), but not windy.
We didn’t have any trouble at the border, although it did take a lot of time to explain what we’re doing, and that we’ll probably be in Canada, in one place or another, for a couple months. And the question, “What is your physical address?” is one that is always complicated! If you have a passport, it does speed up the process.
We’re spending the next few days in Cardston, Alberta. It’s a beautiful little town about the size of Sidney, that has a wicked golf course and several historical points of interest, so we’re going to stay until Thursday. We have to be at Three Hills by Saturday noon, and it’s just a short distance from here….I don’t know how far, because I didn’t do well when we studied metrics. A short distance, I think! (Diesel is 94c a liter, which makes it about $3.76 a gallon….$1.00 higher than most prices we’ve been paying.)
What I’ve learned so far: Items in the overhead compartments may shift in motor homes as well as airplanes. A plastic pitcher can hit the floor from an overhead compartment twice without breaking. It may be able to take more drops than that; I don’t intend to find out. It’s my only pitcher.


Advertisement



23rd June 2007

Hugs to You!!
Thank you so much for your entries. Keep it up even if they are short. It shortens the distance so much and feels like a warm hug. We miss you and pray each day for you and your ministering. I don't see any pictures! Yes Calgary is big it was big when we were there and that was a long time ago. How many couples will you be working with? Are you devotions on random areas or focussed on certain scriptures? Where are you parked? Is everyone parked in the same area or are you scattered? How are you feeling physically? Emotionally? Spiritually? Love and kisses, Patti
24th June 2007

LOL
You take care of that pitcher!
26th June 2007

At last!
You are there at last....horray! How fun, you are my first blog to read and respond to....I feel so sophisticated. All is well here, we seem to be in a thunder storm rut, some hail last week here, Glascow lost windows, roofs, crops, Forsyth lost lots of crops. It is muggy but oh so green. Jill and I decided we are in denial that you will be gone for ever....we are thinking you will keep turning up here from time to time.....that is a command not a suggesstion!!!. Lots of love, Chris
26th June 2007

There are three couples on this project, and we're parked in a nice grassy site that the college has. Our morning devotions are done by a different member of the RVICS team, so whatever that person selects is what the daily devotion is. On Wednesday evenings we have a Bible study which is lead by someone from the project...in this case, it's lead by the college president. We are feeling great, although I'd have to admit, Sara is right about the getting up part! 6:45 comes early! I'm working on getting photos in here...that's a little trickier..... :)

Tot: 0.054s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0356s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb