Day 12 - 07/04/10


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Montana » Billings
July 11th 2010
Published: July 11th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Photographer SnoozingPhotographer SnoozingPhotographer Snoozing

The reason there are not many piuctures today.
This morning we leave for Billings, Mt., with a stop in Gillette, Wy, for fueling. We stopped at a Flying J, and do not recomend large Rv's using this as a fuel stop. Fuel island is jammed up to the front of the store, where there is also car parking, and a back-up is required to exit the fuel in an Rv over about 30'. While at the fuel stop, Leta thought she saw steel cord showing on both of their Rv's front tires. After a period of time discussing what to do about the problem, Shelby got out and took one more look, and realized it was muddy water in the treads that appeared to be steel belt cords showing the rubber of the tires.
The front tires were wearing irregularly, but it was Sunday, and no one was available to re-align and rotate tires. We all agreed to travel on to Billings to spend the night, and find a shop to work on the Rv on Monday.
Hurray for the 4th of July!! We get to eat those fantastic ribs that were smoked a couple of days ago. They were as good as if we had
Not Much of Anything1Not Much of Anything1Not Much of Anything1

Another reason there are not many pictures. There was not anything in Wyoming to take pictures of.
pulled out a grill or smoker, and cooked them fresh in the parking lot of the Flying J. After dinner we stepped outside and were surrounded by several different fireworks displays. We had a little trouble getting Shelby to come down off the roof of his Rv, where he had climed to get a better view of the fireworks.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Not Much of Anything 2Not Much of Anything 2
Not Much of Anything 2

There are some beautiful places in Wy., but cutting the NW corner on I-90 is not one of them.


Tot: 0.043s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0252s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb