It's Up, It's Down, We're Gone!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Mississippi
August 30th 2012
Published: August 30th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Our New Back EndOur New Back EndOur New Back End

Bring in the Lifters!
Here we are.....watching the damaged end cap being removed. They brought in the new cap on a big rack....similar to Hannibal Lector on his wheeled rack in the Silence of the Lambs. Took many men to lift it and they only laid it down.....and that's where it stayed for the rest of the day. Our tech spent the afternoon putting the small stuff on it like tail lights, back up mirror, etc. Then they told us we couldn't stay in it for the night but they would set us up in a motel. A motel...not even close...they were going to have us stay in this old travel trailer up in the corner lot. Sometimes you think it can't get any worse...... and then it does. Tiffin's slogan is "Roughing It Smoothly"......but this would be just "roughing it". We said "thanks, but, no thanks!" (plus a couple other comments) and headed off to Tupelo for the night. We stayed at a new Best Western Plus...really nice! The rooms were huge and so clean...even a special, super clean remote. Ate at the Olive Garden....had their special of the unending pasta bowl and couldn't even finish the first one. It was good but the hotel had a free wine and snack after we checked in and we had to try that out...remember we weren't going to eat for a month! How quickly WE forgot. This morning, we got up and visited the birthplace of Elvis Presley in Tupelo. Wandered all around the grounds and came in through the gift shop only to see that there had a been a charge and no picture taking...oh,we'll....next time we can follow the rules.

They said we can stay in our RV tonight. They will be done with the end cap hopefully today but still need to put on a new back compartment door and put in a new window. From there, we head to the paint shop (end cap and rails). We will be here into next week....that's a given. It was all meant to be. If we had finished earlier, we could not have traveled to New Orleans with the storm down there. What better place to be to weather a storm than Red Bay, Alabama --- "our port in the storm". It hasn't even rained here YET! Luckeeeeeey Us!


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Where to Stay?Where to Stay?
Where to Stay?

Old Trailer or Best Western...Clean Remote
Lulu & ElvisLulu & Elvis
Lulu & Elvis

Posing with Elvis and playing the piano
Cory, Elvis & LuluCory, Elvis & Lulu
Cory, Elvis & Lulu

Lulu had to use the Outhouse


30th August 2012

Delay
You do seem to make the best of things when you are delayed day after day and still have some fun. You are so cute the way you take Lulu all over. I get a kick out of the places you place her for pictures. The rain finally left this area and Joe is playing golf. I spent another 2 hours at the dentist yesterday. A couple months before the implants. I was thinking maybe Lulu could take my place next time. Well, good luck with the RV. Hope it gets fixed like new. Saw where it was Chips birthday. Bless him, such a good friend. I am sure you miss him.
31st August 2012

Lill-Lu
I wish Lulu could fill in for you in the dental chair...she seems to be pretty rugged as we drag her around sometimes by her hair. She used to have long hair but it got messy so I chopped it off. Less attractive but easier.
31st August 2012
Cory, Elvis & Lulu

Have a good Labor Day weekend!
I'm not sure I should be sharing this, but I just feel good as I gaze upon the image of Lulu at the outhouse door. If this is wrong, well, I don't want to be right.
31st August 2012
Cory, Elvis & Lulu

Love from Lulu
Lulu said to tell you "hi"' Scot. Glad you are following us even though we haven't gone too far.

Tot: 0.088s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 7; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0387s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb