We're In !!!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Alabama
August 29th 2012
Published: August 29th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Rollin' of the RigsRollin' of the RigsRollin' of the Rigs

Dinosaurs on the move
Speechless! We can hardly believe the day has finally arrived. Our RV is now in Bay 34 starting to get its back end repaired. Cory said the tech we have is very good....he will also get our window and door latch fixed at this same bay. This morning, we had to get up early in order to have the RV at the bay by 6:45 AM. There are approximately 50 bays. In the early morning around here, it is something to see: the "rolling of the rigs". They all pull out of their parking spot and slowly move towards the huge building where the work is done. It looks like big dinosaurs meandering to a monster grazing barn. We are so glad to be one of those "dinosaurs".

Today would have been Chip's 13th birthday. It's still hard for us because we just miss him so much. We still cry but not quite as much ....... but our hearts ache immensely. Happy Birthday, old pup!

It will be a long few days now. Probably will be here into next week since the Labor Day Holiday is approaching. We feel very much at home. We had hoped to "live" for
Our Back EndOur Back EndOur Back End

What's there????
awhile in the various places we visited but Red Bay wasn't really on that list. You do what you have to do....we wanted to get a hometown feel and "suck up the culture" of the places ---- and we have really done that here in Red Bay.

Today's travels took us to Jack's for breakfast and a ride to the next town: Vina, which is on par with Shongo. My photos are becoming limited. One photo shows you a garbage holder that you find in everyone's front yard. Must be necessary to keep the raccoons out ...remember this is coon dog territory. Big doings on Sept. 3rd at the Coon Dog Cemetery.....we will surely join in. They had prisoners sweeping Main St.--- all towns should do this. At the chassis factory, we saw the man driving one across the lot...Cory said it was a cheap, air conditioned RV.

Stay tuned for our next chapter....I shall look for more exciting things to share with you.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Our Old Back CapOur Old Back Cap
Our Old Back Cap

Broken Body
Garbage HolderGarbage Holder
Garbage Holder

Keeping raccoons away
Activity in Red BayActivity in Red Bay
Activity in Red Bay

Driving the Cheap RV Prisoners taking break from sweeping


30th August 2012
Our Back End

Happy birthday to Chip. We will miss you too. You were a great dog. What happened to the back end that it had to be replaced? Have fun!!! Miss you!!!

Tot: 0.356s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 11; qc: 57; dbt: 0.2089s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb