Way down yonder on the Chattahoochee


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Mississippi » Biloxi
April 25th 2014
Published: April 25th 2014
Edit Blog Post

4.5 hours changing speed from 65 to 45 to 35 then back to 55, maybe 100 times.

Highway 84 grew monotonous very quickly , through a number of small South Georgia towns.

A lot of standing water after weeks of unusually heavy rain.

Kate asked the question often " think there are gators in there?" The Cooper is a pleasure to drive and remarkably comfy.

Lots of looks from peeps of all ages.

One of my favourite small towns ,Thomasville , by 1830. Met up with John Rainey and Joey Vitello, who is coaching for TUniversity , for dinner at Jonas. Sat outside and feasted on crab cakes and just for Kathie Z , shrimps and grits. John took us to the homestead, where we spent the night. 2 young softball players from the University stopped by to visit and it was very entertaining.



Thursday morning was picture day for us. Thomasville University, Candice's rental house, and the Annual Rose Festival was in full bloom ( arrghh). Breakfast with Candice's adopted grandparents Miss Connie ,Don and their son Scott. Good visit with interesting discussions, college football, gators( of course) and family. Restaurant on Broad Street called Q. It seems like we spend a great deal of time eating. Truthfully though I had the largest country biscuit Ive seen, which went with the fried chicken.

Eventually gave up the interesting secondary roads for the Interstae 10 with just too much stop and go, speed up and slow down.

Crossed the Chatahoochee, take that Allan Jackson, through Bama and into M i s s i s s i p p i.

We hated Pensacola, just couldnt find the beach. Ended up,on the Beach, well in a Hotel across from the Beach, in Biloxi. Final night of the Crawfish Music Festival, we tried the Crawfish Fries, but didn' go on any rides.

Please score our State welcome signs out of 5 for technical merit and artistic development. We will choose the winners.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.088s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0445s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb