First Glance


Advertisement
Published: December 22nd 2010
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
 Video Playlist:

1: Seals Outside the Boston Aquarium 87 secs
Aquarium and Orientation. Chris took me for a very brief visit of the downtown area just to get me acquainted enough so that I could navigate it alone tomorrow.

First impressions: very windy, slightly cold but warms up with the sun; traffic heavy; energetic city (downtown at least). I learned that Roundabouts are called Rotarys in the Northeast, that massholes are abundant and cause several accidents (saw one car backing up and on top of another along a random street and could not do anything to prevent it), and that the main grocery store is Shaw's, no Publix. Also as in any city, towing is worse in some areas than others, but tickets can get a bit ridiculous as police often supposedly put up hand-drawn signs to signal for road closings sometimes just the day before...

This is a very short and very informal entry, the other ones are longer and filled with a bit more history and media, but please enjoy all my pictures and video and comment with any corrections or questions!


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Map of the TMap of the T
Map of the T

Much better Transit system than MARTA back here in Atlanta and more comprehensive than the D.C. Metro, almost as user friendly but still easy to find your way around!
Underground Shop Underground Shop
Underground Shop

Along the Green Line


Tot: 0.035s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0188s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1022.9kb