A British feeling Boston


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Massachusetts » Boston
July 10th 2007
Published: July 10th 2007
Edit Blog Post

The trip to Boston was again roughly 4 hours, this time travelling North. We arrived at the Hostel just before 7pm. In the evening without really knowing our way round, we got a cab into the area of Beacon Hill. Here we had some food at a Thai restaurant. We were going to go out after, but once we had eaten we decided to leave it tomorrow when we knew the place a little better. Instead of getting a cab back we took the time to walk around the city a bit before going back to the Hostel.

Next morning we went into the city centre and walked the Freedom Trail. This is roughly a two hour walk lined out with a constant red line along the pathways taking you past many of Bostons historical sights. Towards the end of the walk we reached the Beacon Hill Monument. A tower with 294 steps to the top. Certainly feel it when approaching the 250 mark!

When we got back, two Irish lads had checked into our room. With one thing in mind there next stop was definitely Beer!! We told them we would be out later on and that they could join us. Evening time we went out to the area of Cambridge. It was an okay night, but we seemed to spend a lot of it walking around trying to find places, or riding around in taxis. By midnight we worked out we only actually had two drinks each!

The following evening and it was a much busier night out. We were staying just by Fenway Park, home to the Red Sox's. They had played that evening so when we walked down to the bar area it was packed out with fans.

Next morning Alex and Toby caught a plane to Chicago. Waking up late they had minutes to spare before their flight would leave, so half packed, and Alex loosing two pairs of shoes, they made there way over to the airport. I stayed on in Boston for one more day before travelling back to NYC for the third time, feeling like a real local now!!


I liked spending time in Boston, it's much more laid back and relaxed compared to New York. Here for example people with wave you across the road, rather than sit on their horns the second their light
Pedal Together Pedal Together Pedal Together

Thought these things looked pretty cool. 6 People all pedal together. The guy said is was a German invention , apparently some involvement with Porsche.
goes green. If I were choosing a place to live rather than just a place to holiday, then I think I'd actually have to pick Boston over NYC. That's nothing against New York of course!


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement

Views of Boston from The Bunker Hill MonumentViews of Boston from The Bunker Hill Monument
Views of Boston from The Bunker Hill Monument

After 294 steps of climbing, we were rewarded with this view of the city.
The Bunker Hill MonumentThe Bunker Hill Monument
The Bunker Hill Monument

How many steps?? Two Hundred and Ninety Four to be precise !!
Screw jumping in here for laugh!!!Screw jumping in here for laugh!!!
Screw jumping in here for laugh!!!

Never seem so many Jelly Fish all together, like this!!!
CheersCheers
Cheers

Out side the Cheers Bar in Beacon Hill. No trip to Boston would be complete without this surely!
Alex and Toby pissing about on a night out in BostonAlex and Toby pissing about on a night out in Boston
Alex and Toby pissing about on a night out in Boston

Got to be two of the funniest people ive met recently!!


Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0516s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb