Day 8 - Boston


Advertisement
Published: May 8th 2007
Edit Blog Post

The awesome foursomeThe awesome foursomeThe awesome foursome

At the movies to see Spiderman
Day 8 – Monday – Boston, Massachusets

Before I write up some notes about what we got up to today to answer a few questions...

* BBB stands for Brides, Babies & Beyond - and that is the internet site/forum where I know all the US girls from

* Yep, i've been keeping an eye on the football results and was completely stunned with the Richmond/Geelong game! Oh, and I think I won the footy tipping this week despite being away?!!!

* Boston people are 1000 times nicer than NYC ones LOL

* Jen is COMPLETELY amused by the same things I am (yellow cabs, yellow school busses, brown paper bags etc). I guess because Australia was a British colony huh.


Ok, so Day 8 - ohhh we're in to our second week now! Hehhee. We had a very nice sleep in (seeing as we're going to have some early starts!) and caught the T in to Boston again.

Let's see...oh right, first up John had wanted to see the Boston Tea Party ship - the one where they through all the tea off. So we headed to the spot where
China TownChina TownChina Town

Where we had lunch
the map said it was to find an empty stretch of water. We poked some fun at John and even took a photo of him in front of this "imaginary" boat that was supposed to be there.

We wandered aimlessly, asked a local (who didnt know) before sending John in to the closest hotel to ask. Guess what....it had been struck by lightning recently so had been taken away for repairs. Ok so upon reflection, it doesnt really sound that funny, but it completely amused the four of us.

After that we thought it seemed apt that given the four of us had travelled around China for 5 weeks together, that we hit China town for lunch and show off our chopstick ability! Lunch was super yum and cheap, and we had a laugh remembering our good times in China.

For those movie buffs, Spiderman 3 was recently released, so we thought we'd see what it's like to see a movie in an American theatre. Hehehe. (good fun by the way). The movie was very cool - and it was filmed in NYC, so Dean & I kept spotting buildings and places that we'd seen when we
Dean making friendsDean making friendsDean making friends

Dean tried to convince the cops to let us take a photo of them cuffing him ove rthe bonnet of the car! hahah, they wouldnt agree for some reason!
were there.

And in keeping with the tv/movie theme....One of Dean's favorite TV shows is Boston Legal, so we asked what building it was filmed in and made our way there so he could check it out (a slightly tedious process as he tried to spot which building looked familiar!!!).

And now, because we have an early start tomorrow to head up to Niagara, we picked up some food at a local store to eat in our rooms and chill out.


"Dean's Details"Invisible ships aren't as cool as you think and I still remember to use chopsticks 5 months later....so there Peter!!!




Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

Dean reading a mapDean reading a map
Dean reading a map

Dean usually leaves the maps to us, but he was in charge of finding the Boston Legal building!!!
Boston Legal BuildlingBoston Legal Buildling
Boston Legal Buildling

From another angle
SquirrelSquirrel
Squirrel

We stalked some more squirrels in the Boston Common
BaseballBaseball
Baseball

And watched some little league baseball!
ShoppingShopping
Shopping

Jen & I were SO impressed with the fact that we got brown paper bags (just like in the movies!!)


8th May 2007

Niagara
Have fun when you see Niagara - are you going across the bridge to see the CANADIAN FALLS???
8th May 2007

Chop Sticks
Dean, it depends on your refernce point when you "used" them in China
8th May 2007

brown paper bags
You're cracking me up! That's so funny that you did end up with brown paper bags - I've always wondered that myself :>
8th May 2007

Boston
Hey - I could have probably spotted you guys from my office - I work just on the edge of Chinatown! Glad to hear us Bostonians are friendlier! The Squirrel was cooperative to sit still for the photo. :)
8th May 2007

Being American, I don't get what is so funny about yellow cabs, yellow school buses, and brown paper bags. Also wondering... do you guys not have squirrels in Australia? It's so funny reading your take on the US.

Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 40; dbt: 0.0451s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb