Nawlins!!


Advertisement
Published: May 31st 2012
Edit Blog Post

The groupThe groupThe group

but only half of Megan.. what do you expect when your impromptu photographer is drunk??

Thursday



Today we arrived in the French Quarter. We checked into our hotel, the Prince Conti, washed the jet lag off, and then set out! I guess Jaime told the hotel desk clerk that Justin had a "mystery woman" with him, so after talking to her, we ran to get me a mask before meeting up with Brent and Jaime. We started our day off with some shots, then got a "grownup slushie" and set off to explore Bourbon, stopping often for more drinks!

There were lots of people pretending to be statues, and as we walked past one with a stuffed dog on a leash, I dared Jaime to kick it... and she did! The statue man then became quite animated (pun intended!). He cursed us as we laughed our way down the street, gasping for air.

We went and picked up this awesome thing that Megan had found during her researching... a drink deck of cards! Each card had a bar in Nawlins on it, and a coupon for the bar. We decided to hit all 52 in the 4 days we were going to be there!!!

We then went to Pat O'Briens for their world-famous hurricanes, hit a couple more bars, and then called it a night!


Friday



Friday we got up early and went to take a tour of the swamps on an air boat! While waiting we saw an albino alligator and a bunch of turtles. The air boat driver was crazy, and we did some mad drifts. We saw one alligator that was like 8 ft long!! Did you know that marshmallows are like crack for gators? They go mad for them, even fight eachother. We got to hold a baby gator, and learned some cool things about swamp plants. One of the mosses that grows on trees there was the source of the thread used for medical stitches during the Civil War.

We went to a bar called the Three Muses with a great band, and then the couples all parted ways. APPARENTLY Justin and I thought it was a great idea to take a shot at every bar on the way back to the hotel... and there were a lot. Somehow we both made it home safe and sound.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

The girlsThe girls
The girls

Megan, Jaime & I
Air Boats are LoudAir Boats are Loud
Air Boats are Loud

Megan and Brent
Moss StuffMoss Stuff
Moss Stuff

and crazy driver (Alan)


Tot: 0.109s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 68; dbt: 0.0747s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb